Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched the heck out of this subject but I should have done it before I bought and ripped out my old ones. I have brand new rockfor fosgate 6x9s.
I also have the MONSOON system pita. Ive tried every combo. I cant find any 2 way low/mid 2 ohm speakers anywhere so im going to stick with my rockfords.

My question is....with this you either A. buy stock 6x9 which are expensive as hell or B. either get highs or Lows from your new 6x9s. or C. buy a whole new system which im not going to do because it would cost close to 500-600 bucks.

Is there a way to hook up these 4 oh speakers and make the highs and lows come out ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am currently dealing with the same issue. After reading several answers on this site, I think most of the members that responded say you will lose lows or highs due to the four wire setup. Your best solution is what I am doing. I just bought an amp, new speakers and wires. I think you can do it for less than 500 if you install yourself.125 dollar kenwood 4 channel amp is a good start. Not the most powerful but it should do the trick. My setup was a little more expensive but I just charged it, and forgot about it, lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just bought stock

I found some some stock ones for a steal but its been a pita to un-do everything I did to try to get it to work. Its my wifes car she diddnt want the system setup..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had a little bit of rasp in one of my rear speakers. I took both out, changed the fade to the front speakers and left it like that. I plan on replacing the fronts with some quality speakers with an amp and not run rears. It sounds fine to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts