Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had read about this problem then experienced it 2 days ago. I was moving my car around from the back of the building to the front at work. I just got in the car, backed up and as I pulled forward the steering turned rock hard. The "power steering" message came on the radio. (As if that's necessary lol) and I stopped, shut off the car and on restart the steering was ok. Ok on the way home that night and on the way to work the following day. When I left work the next day the car pulled to the left. The steering was easy to the left and hard to the right. It was totally driveable not like the first event in the parking lot but noticeable. If I let go of the wheel, even parked you could see the wheel turn/pull to the left by itself. When I shut the car off in the driveway I could see the steering wheel "relax" and return a little to the right where it should be like the "pressure" was released that was pulling it to the left. So I read through the forums last night with no concrete answer and figured I would call the stealership after I got home from dropping off the wife at work. When we went out to the car I started it and it was like the problem never happened. Ran errands with it all day today and no problems at all. It's like it cured itself overnight. What's up with this. Did a "chip" reboot itself or something...? Any thoughts appreciated. From what I read using search, there are a variety of components that make up the steering.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
If its under warranty let them look at it. Error msg might be stored to help diagnose.
if not in warranty then just exhale...say a few prayers and hope it doesnt happen again.

lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts