Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 08 G6 GT recently and for some reason when I turn the Rear Defroster....'ON', the Radio Station goes....'OFF'

Does anyone know how to fix that?!

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Locate and review TECHNICAL

Bulletin No.: 03-08-44-005I

Date: June 18, 2009

Subject: Poor Radio Reception or Radio Static/Increased Interference with Rear Window Defogger On or Some Rear Window Defogger Grids May Be Inoperative (Diagnose and Repair Rear Window Defogger Heating Grid)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Luck

I just bought a 08 G6 GT recently and for some reason when I turn the Rear Defroster....'ON', the Radio Station goes....'OFF'

Does anyone know how to fix that?!

Thanks
Not sure if this has anything to do with yours, but if the same company is making all these windows, it could. I purchased a 2007 Buick Lacrosse on 9/16/11 and 4 day later I had to use the defogger and 15 minutes after I turned it on there was a loud boom and a huge hole was blown in my rear glass. After doing research on the net I found BULLETIN No: 03-08-44-005g. that states there could be static in the radio when using the rear defogger..It said NOTHING about it could explode. I also found other people on the internet that had had a hole to blow out in their rear windows too. I contacted GM and was told my 50,000 mile warranty had run out.. HOW DOES A DEFECT IN A PRODUCT RUN OUT....

·
Registered
556 Posts
Not sure if this has anything to do with yours, but if the same company is making all these windows, it could. I purchased a 2007 Buick Lacrosse on 9/16/11 and 4 day later I had to use the defogger and 15 minutes after I turned it on there was a loud boom and a huge hole was blown in my rear glass. After doing research on the net I found BULLETIN No: 03-08-44-005g. that states there could be static in the radio when using the rear defogger..It said NOTHING about it could explode. I also found other people on the internet that had had a hole to blow out in their rear windows too. I contacted GM and was told my 50,000 mile warranty had run out.. HOW DOES A DEFECT IN A PRODUCT RUN OUT....
I would keep calling, get ahold of someone high up, threaten to take it to bbb or a lawyer. That's bogus. Look at honda (i believe) and their sticking gas pedal. If someone was in the back seat, they could have gotton seriously hurt, especially for those who have small children that are in rear facing car seats.

JT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts