Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'06 G6 Convertible
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2006 G6 Convertible, with the satellite radio. I am not getting as good of reception as my other cars do. The G6 has that stubby rubber antenna as well.
Is there a way to get better over the air reception? would another antenna help?

·
'06 G6 Convertible
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
droptop, are you getting good reception with local over the air radio stations?

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Oh yeah, I guess there ARE local over the air stations, aren't there :p? I pretty much listen to XM and occasionally CD's, and very rarely AM news stations for traffic. The AM is OK; I'll have to remember to check out the FM tomorrow.

·
08 Black GT Vert
33 Posts
I agree with Diamond. Satellite is the way to go.
I never thought the FM reception was that bad until I go back and listen to the FM stations now.
XM spoils us....but for a price. lol

·
'06 G6 Convertible
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Southern California and we have some great local FM Channels. I just cannot see paying for radio when I can get it for free. Hell I just had to get rid of my rabbit ears!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I live in Southern California and we have some great local FM Channels. I just cannot see paying for radio when I can get it for free. Hell I just had to get rid of my rabbit ears!
My reasoning for paying for Sirius is no commercials, I can't stand 2/3 songs then 5 minutes of commercials. Plus there isn't one single fm station in the northeast that I like. BPM and Electric Area ftw.

·
'06 G6 Convertible
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, that's what I thought but it is good to know for sure. I guess that I will be looking for a cure later. I would rather buy a CD every month than give the pirates $$ every month for access to their collection.
if I find a good solution I will let you know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts