Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Lead Foot
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was out having fun with my G6 today, and decided to to a break test from 60-0. I buried my foot in the break pedal, and to my surprise, my tires locked up a slid for a good distance until i let off the brakes. I looked in the mirror to see a huge cloud of tire smoke covering the road. I am very alarmed that my wheels would lock up! There are no warning lights on the dash, or anything to indicate a break problem. Has anyone else had this issue/is this normal? The road surface i tested on was dry, good condition asphalt, my tires are in great condition, and my break pads are newish.

· Premium Member
643 Posts
I think that is normal, even with ABS to have them lock up. You are sure you have ABS right, just checking. Do you have the GT or do you have the G6 V6 Base (has V6 on the back right of the trunk).

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The first time my ABS actually kicked in was when I was driving around in snow. You can go to the dealer if it makes you feel better but I think you'd be wasting your time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.