Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
i had mine put in the other day now & the only thing that works on it is the (econ info & door open trunk may be icey) but the oil life temp trips & avg speed & estimated gas in the tank dont work

i am going to have to go back so then can fix this did any one else have this problem when they had the metra kit with the lcd on it put in or if you no how to fix this please tell me i tried pushing the rest buttons did not do anything any help would be great thanks
:confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an idea. Put the stock back in and get a jl audio clean sweep. and power your mids and highs and you subs. if aplicable off of extrenal amps. if that is what you are going for. That is the best solution to the uglyness of aftermarket crap for these cars. When they come out with a kit that looks right and matches then I might go aftermarket with the deck. Just my $.02

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why?

all the speakers sound fine runing of my new deck its has xovers & everthing on it its just that dash kits thats not working right

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did anyone find a resolution to the metra dash not working (oil life, etc.)? I have the monsoon system in my G6 and was thinking about changing the head unit come spring. Anyone know how easy it would be to switch from the factory Xm to Sirius? I wondering if I could just swap out the head unit and use the same antenna.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can't find it anywhere, but i called a shop and they said it's like the same thing.. for some reason, companies can't replicate that material that our console is made out of.. and also, i don't know why metra decided not to put their good looking kit into production.. i would have paid 300 for that thing..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts