Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I have an 06 G6 GT with 33k on it, brake rotors, seatback releases both sides, right headlight peeled inside, blown rear speaker, a/c leak, passenger seat belt, and two chrome wheels peeling that the dealer won't make good. Is that enough?
Wow! I was going to add but never mind :eek:

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Man! I must say, I hope I don't start having the problems I'm hearing about. (knock, knock) So far the only problem I've experienced (G6 GT) is a clunking noise while turning the wheel and this is every so often. This is my third Pontiac and I am still quite pleased with their cars.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
There's always a slight vibration at highway speed on my 2007. I have tried balancing the tires, alignments, etc but still no improvement.
What brand of tire? I bought some WalMart tires some years back and they were :eek:"OUT OF ROUND":eek:! Goodyear tire; Go figure:rolleyes:.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Just bought my 2006 G6 Sedan a week ago. It's got 47,000 miles on it. I just started receiving this sticking / popping from my steering, especially at slow speeds. After reading some posts on here, I guess it's off to the dealership ASAP.....I hope this doesn't turn into something that drags on forever.
You'll find the steering noise is a common problem. On the wife's G6 its not bad and it didn't get any worse.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I have a 2006 G6. I was getting major vibration in the front when braking, so I had the rotors turned. Problem not solved...and actually got worse. I had to replace the front outer tie rods, and the problem went away. Not sure if anyone else has had to do this...seems like they should not have had to be changed that soon. Now I have a knocking in the back of my car and have no idea what it is. I hear it at slow speeds, but not when I brake.
This sound kind of funny to me :confused:. Did you take your car to a shop or do the work yourself?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Did you try taking out all your old parts from your trunk, that may stop the noises! [I'm just trying to be a smart ass so if you don't have a sense of humor, just ignore me.] Being serious though, have you checked your spare to see if it's loose?
:bump:

I have a hammer:D

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I thought about you the other day, someone on the Mazda forum made a positive comment about my signature pic. I don't know why we can't post avatars or signature here anymore.:confused:

I'll stop this threadjacking now!:D

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
not sure why you can't use yours. Mine is still on here.
Thats odd, at home or at work I don't see anyone's avatar or signature pics. Maybe I changed something in my account.

EDIT
OH! there you are, I found it. I must of had a senior moment.:D
(What a drag it is getting old........)

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
anyone have this problem?

I have 06 G6 and I am getting check engine light with the computer saying that it is P0014 code which I guess means cam shaft sensor/ cam exhaust actuator?

changed both cam shaft sensors and it is still not going away

I don't want to list all the problems that I have had with this car as it is too depressing..

if anyone has a solution for me it would be greatly appreciated.

the car jerks forward after each gear shift; it is like someone is rear ending you

thanks
Wait, you guess?
Uh, what makes you think this?
Are you the original owner?

BTW, welcome to the club, I hope we can help.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I wouldn't want to steer you away from a G6 but it seems you seem to have decided that this car is a lemon, mainly by your signature. Can you trade it in and get something else? I think the G6 is a nice car to own but I don't have the troubles you seem to have either.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I have a 2006 G6 GT 2DR 3500v6

-- I have the classic clunking noise when turning
-- left/right indicator column replaced, as once I turn it would not reset..
-- steering column replaced 3 times
-- on the 2 door models, the window drops half inch or so when you open the door, and the window on the driver side no longer goes all the way up, so all you hear is the wind whistling in your ear
-- radiator replaced
-- fuse box located in the trunk replaced due to fuses melting
-- driver seat replaced due to rusted bolts
-- light on the fog lamp button no longer works
-- when pushing the accelerator, sometimes the car hesitates or the computer doesn't get that the pedal is pressed down so there is a 2 second delay.. VERY AGGITATING
-- battery died and got replaced

Car now has 75385km on it, rougly about 55000 miles. This car has been HELL for me. Mind you I've had different cars from Pontiac in the past and have had way worse problems than this. Currently purchased a G8 GT and love it.. "SO FAR" but we'll see what happens..

WOW!:eek:
Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts