Pontiac G6 Forum banner

381 - 397 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been reading most of the posts on here and the majority of problems/complaints are with 2005 model year G6's. Anyone notice anything wrong or abnormal with thier 2006 yet? I have about 1000KM's on my 06 GT and do not notice anything except that at freeway speeds I am getting the slight vibration that everyone is talking about. I am going to the dealer Monday to check the balance on all 4 tires, and to double check the tightining of the harmonic balancer, just in case.
Anth stabilizers on the shock absorber unit... start there cheap.. may b brakes rotors warped... may be unbalanced tires or may be a front hub going... as you creap in the prices go up too Jay

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 06 GTP with 74400 miles and the engine light came on and the temp gauge quit working. From what I have gathered it is the thermostat as I have already changed the temp sender unit. The engines runs fine and the heater works and the water level is unchanged so I have been driving it and watching everything daily.

·
08 convertible
296 Posts
the engine light came on and the temp gauge quit working.
Careful how you state the problem. Are you sure the gauge quit working?
Drive the car for a while until you get really hot air from the heater. Now what does the temp gauge show?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Drive the car for a while until you get really hot air from the heater. Now what does the temp gauge show?
Temp gauge does not move at all. drove it about 20 miles and heater is working fine. The temp gauge worked normally until the engine light came on. Changing the sender had no effect.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know my scanner decided it was a good time to have a software issue, I have to send it in to be fixed. A shop I am friends with isn't open till Tuesday but I suppose I could take it to an auto parts place for a free scan as much as I despise that. I work for an auto parts company that does not do it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
;-+UOTE="1951coupe, post: 275130, member: 90422"]
I don't know my scanner decided it was a good time to have a software issue, I have to send it in to be fixed. A shop I am friends with isn't open till Tuesday but I suppose I could take it to an auto parts place for a free scan as much as I despise that. I work for an auto parts company that does not do it.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Code was 128 I changed the thermostat and everything is working now. I will see if the light goes off after a few starts and some miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 06 g6 gtp and the wiper motor works it is getting power I checked all fuses there good and replaced the arm on steering wheel and still no go. The shop guy can't figure it out and I'm pretty crafty for a chick and I can't understand . It is holding me back from passing inspection . Plz help it seems to me the wiper motor and all the fuses for wipers are not reading or communicating .plz help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still have the knocking in the rear of my car...and I do have that steering pop others are talking about. Bad thing is my car has not been under warranty for several thousand miles, so I have to pay to have everything replaced. Anyone know about how much it costs to have the rack and pinion replaced?
Try replacing the intermediate shaft on the steering shaft. Check u tube for the video.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to get a new engine put in September due to the lifter finally dying after 3 years. Had a nice tick that whole time. Apparently it needed the same repair while it was still under warranty around 15k miles.

I'm also getting codes for lean in bank 1 and bank 2 currently.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bought an 06 GTP convertible with about 67K miles on it in in Feb 2017. In temperatures under about 25 degrees there are rattle sound from the trunk area that sound like a part of the car is going to fall off. Once the internal temp of the car warms up, the noise goes away. The dealer can't explain it. In June of 2017 the engine simply died while sitting at a stop light. No dash warning, no smoke, no steam, just died. Turns out it was a blown engine at 71k miles. Fortunately, I had an aftermarket warranty and between the warranty and the dealer, I got a brand new $8,800 engine, which is more than I paid for the car. In August of 2017 the low coolant light went on. The dealer showed me a hole in the original radiator and replaced it for about $700. A few weeks later the low coolant light comes on again. I don't see any leaks and the temp gauge is solid just below 225. They pressure test the radiator multiple times and find no leaks. Almost 18 months later, the low coolant light is still on , but no obvious problems. I now have 82k miles on the car, but only about 11k on the engine. Other than that, just oil changes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been reading most of the posts on here and the majority of problems/complaints are with 2005 model year G6's. Anyone notice anything wrong or abnormal with thier 2006 yet? I have about 1000KM's on my 06 GT and do not notice anything except that at freeway speeds I am getting the slight vibration that everyone is talking about. I am going to the dealer Monday to check the balance on all 4 tires, and to double check the tightining of the harmonic balancer, just in case.
Yes I just bought my frist G6 2006 .The guy told me all new breaks all around but my 2nd month my steering wheel shakes an it fells like I have two flat tiers .and the more gas I give it feels like I have my breaks on I thought the smell was oil but now I'm setting along side a road waiting for my breaks to cool off so I can drive home an look at them I have no idea but other then that I. Going to trick it out an then race it anyone down ? I'll keep you posted .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I. Have a 06 i just got it .keys had been lost .got new one cut.even got new battery.durnin the programming I hooked a booster box to battery to maintain charge.after all 3 programs turn key starts right up idle fine .soon as put it in car in gear it stalls even had boost it off again idles fine.stalls in gear.and got in it today and batterys so dead its like it dnt even have a battery in it

381 - 397 of 397 Posts