Pontiac G6 Forum banner
401 - 407 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
No, I haven't checked the fluid yet. I plan on taking it to the shop and have them do it. I wanted to check the level months ago when I had my motor oil changed, but the mechanic didn't know how to check the tranny oil because he didn't see a dip stick. I think I read where you have to raise the car and remove the plug to check the tranny oil level. Is this true?
ok, here's the latest.

I took it to the shop today and got the bad news.:mad:

I have a bunch of codes(sigh):oops:.
P0011 - camshaft sensor
P0420 - catalytic system bank 1
P0430 - catalytic system bank 2
P0449 - evap system vent solenoid (I knew I had this code months ago)
P0523 - engine oil pressure
P0700 - transmission control module
P042 - fuel tank pressure sensor

The mechanic suggested I address the cam sensor and the CATS first, then the evap vent solenoid.

I know the CATS are expensive and I heard that the transmission control module AND fuel tank pressure sensor was as well.

Any suggestions? Any mechanics out there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok, here's the latest.

I took it to the shop today and got the bad news.:mad:

I have a bunch of codes(sigh):oops:.
P0011 - camshaft sensor
P0420 - catalytic system bank 1
P0430 - catalytic system bank 2
P0449 - evap system vent solenoid (I knew I had this code months ago)
P0523 - engine oil pressure
P0700 - transmission control module
P042 - fuel tank pressure sensor

The mechanic suggested I address the cam sensor and the CATS first, then the evap vent solenoid.

I know the CATS are expensive and I heard that the transmission control module AND fuel tank pressure sensor was as well.

Any suggestions? Any mechanics out there?
BUMP

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
65 Posts
All if not all 2004 and up use a stabilizer bar on front struts.. some of these bars have grease fittings : rubbish , buy them often like info every 15k miles or my actual mileage , hope this helps .. I have a blown 2800 pound G6 2006 build, OBD flashed I can’t get specific but I’m very good at what I do! ! Ink yes I am $!sleeved !$ lol oh ya novices ... I hop on here and there drop a line

401 - 407 of 407 Posts