Pontiac G6 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
the first week I had my 07 g6..i was in the parking lot and my key would not come out of the ignition or turn. it had to be towed...the ignition died. and now apparently i have a hole in my oil pan even tho i have not hit or run over anything

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I thought about you the other day, someone on the Mazda forum made a positive comment about my signature pic. I don't know why we can't post avatars or signature here anymore.:confused:

I'll stop this threadjacking now!:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
had to have the headliner replaced. they said that there is a drain tube that goes along the roof line and it was not connected properly. warranty covered it all. the light on my fog light switch cuts in and out. works sometimes but not always when i turn them on obviously. other than that i like my G6 a lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my o6 GTP a year ago with 27000 miles on it and have had that same slight rough idle the whole time. whats up with that..a tune up maybe? I also noticed that one of my front speakers sounds blown..and I NEVER have the music loud enough to blow a speaker..Does Pontiac just use crappy speakers or what?. Other than these...I love my car

·
Registered
17 Posts
rack and pinion

Grrrr, this is the fifth time since April I am having my rack and pinion replaced on my Pontiac G6 sedan, I am so frustrated with this, and the other day the power steering locked up on me as well... I have called Gm many times and they said this is all news to them, I think they are full of [email protected]*!!!!!!
any suggestions out there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
GM called me today to tell me about a bulletin that is out on these cars in regards to clunking and knocking noises in steering colums, the bulletin number is 06-02-32-007D, best to get it checked out with your local dealer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
GM called me today to tell me about a bulletin that is out on these cars in regards to clunking and knocking noises in steering colums, the bulletin number is 06-02-32-007D, best to get it checked out with your local dealer.
I guess they called you because you had been speaking with them? I had that stuff replaced, too, but only once. Is your car under warranty? I don't have the extended (I don't know why I got this shitey 60K warranty)... now I have 65K miles.

Have you been out any money on this? Did they say anything specific would take place at the dealership w/ that bulletin?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess they called you because you had been speaking with them? I had that stuff replaced, too, but only once. Is your car under warranty? I don't have the extended (I don't know why I got this shitey 60K warranty)... now I have 65K miles.

Have you been out any money on this? Did they say anything specific would take place at the dealership w/ that bulletin?
No money out of my own pocket on this one, thankfully!
I had been speaking with GM to tell them how displeased I have been with this issue, The lady I spoke with made a note to technical support and then got back to me the next day regarding this issue. Car is going back to dealer on Monday and hopefully this will be the last of it... Other than all this I love my car. :)

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
I bought my o6 GTP a year ago with 27000 miles on it and have had that same slight rough idle the whole time. whats up with that..a tune up maybe? I also noticed that one of my front speakers sounds blown..and I NEVER have the music loud enough to blow a speaker..Does Pontiac just use crappy speakers or what?. Other than these...I love my car
I think we bought the same car...

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
So that car is at the dealer today. they think the rough idle is due to a bad spark plug or wire. The door speaker is getting replaced and the radiator is getting replaced. Noticed a little seepage on the right side of the radiator looking froward. Covered all under warranty. It helps to buy certified used. lol.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
dealer said since the service engine light was not on, there's nothing they can do. I'm going to have my local mechanic hook the computer up to it and see if its missing on any certain cylinder. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. The thing is, it has to miss many times in a row for the light to come on. My prob is it misses here and there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys..

I hope that I'm posting this on the right thread. I'm having a problem with my 06 g6 sedan. I've had the thumping noise when turning the wheel for a while but have let it go since its not under warrenty any longer. I've also lurked on different boards to read up on that issue and some say deal with it..others say dont. Anyways, I have a NEW problem now. Last month my keyless entry quit working (I do not have remote start btw) every now and then. I could unlock the car but could not lock or enable the alarm, it has been getting worse this past week. Sunday I went to start my car and when it turned over I could clearly hear that the engine was running but the check engine light was on and the security lock light was on and my steering wheel was completely locked. I turned it off and tried again, it did it again. On the third attempt it started normal with no check engine light but the security light stayed on a little longer then normal. The steering is now giving resistance (more then normal) and pulling into my driveway tonight I noticed that when I turned the wheel my headlights would dim a little. I'm freaking out, I have called a pontiac dealership but can not get the car in until next week. Has anyone had this problem? I'm also worried that I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill (so they say) and I'm justing looking for steering resistance since having it locked up on me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
06 pontiac g6 gt

i have a 06 g6 gt and hmm where do i start...battery replaced, racking penion or however u spell it...back rear speaker rattles like its loose on different songs,condensation in left head light, back brakes replaced, cd player needed reprogrammed (caused from battery going dead). but im really not complaining my car has 50,000 miles on it, and you usually have to replace things like the battery and brakes eventually. i still love my car

Attachments

61 - 80 of 407 Posts