Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Any Grand Prix GTP Owners Out There?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  G6Action 
#1 ·
question; just wondering if any of our members has a new Grand Prix GTP. would like some feedback on how you like your car.

my dealership has an '05 Grand Prix GTP in Stealth Gray (same color as my G6 GT) with leather and all the bells and whistles. i'm 'THINKING' about trading my G6 for this.....its got a few more miles than mine, but it DOES have the 3.8 Supercharged engine and NO EPS!! after talking to our used car manager, i can probably trade even up.....what do you guys think? i know up front the gas mileage will be less, but its still better than the SUV i traded in for the G6.

let me know.......OK?

#5 ·
I traded an '04 GP GTP for the G6. Had no problems with the car, remember it uses PREMIUM fuel, there are people who say you can run regular but because of the supercharger, I wouldn't recommend it. The difference in gas mileage will be significant. (one reason for that is that no matter what-- you WON'T be able to keep your foot out of the accelerator no matter how hard you try.) The interior room is pretty equal on the cars, but actually since the GP tilt wheel will raise up (it doesn't telescope out) I found that made it a bit easier to enter and exit the GP. So, it ends up if you want a car that sips gas or gulps it. BTW I always would say that my GP would pass anything but a gas station... lol

#8 ·
well......still have my G6. after much thought and driving the G.P. GTP for a day i came to the conclusion that while i DO like the Supercharged 3.8, the REAL tilt wheel instead of an 'adjustable wheel' and about everything else on this car (except for the 'butt ugly' rear end) i decided to pass on the deal just because i didn't like the WHEELS. it had the five spoke painted wheels that on this Stealth Gray car looked like crap.

so i have decided to search for another GTP with CHROME wheels and maybe even another color but only if i can stomach the looks :crazy: . guess i'll have to wait and see.....

thanks for all your feedback......you were all very helpful :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.