Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so im having a few problems with my g6
G6
v6 3.5L non flex fuel
auto 4 speed

problem 1:
replaced front seats and now airbag light is on, is there a way to bypass?

problem2:
engine ticks horribly ... not a clue

problem 3:
transmission gets into 2nd gear sometimes and wont shift out, dealer says they have no clue, so i contacted gm about it they are investigating, but id like to see if anyone has a clue...

thanks for all help i get on these issues...it kinda sucks that the car is still new and has problems!:confused:

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
problem 1:
There were probably airbags in the seats; if they weren't reconnected the airbag light would turn on. No way to bypass that other than connect the airbags.

problem2:
Does the ticking vary with the engine speed? Is it a metallic ticking? It could be a stuck valve lifter, something that requires a bit of disassembly to fix.

problem 3:
transmission gets into 2nd gear sometimes and wont shift out, dealer says they have no clue, so i contacted gm about it they are investigating, but id like to see if anyone has a clue...
This sounds to me like the kinds of problems you find on a car that has 50,000+ miles on it and has been driven hard. If it's still under warranty you might try another GM dealer if there is one in your area.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did switch seats to ones with out the airbags (leather) and the noise gets louder and is not in the belt area, but it has been driven hard, and has 24,000miles on it. I like to drive fast, and get there fast too, never had this many problems with a new car...this is my first, grand prix started on fire...but gm has been contacted just wondered if there was anyone else with problem or solution.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok, so im having a few problems with my g6
G6
v6 3.5L non flex fuel
auto 4 speed

problem 1:

problem2:

problem 3:

thanks for all help i get on these issues...it kinda sucks that the car is still new and has problems!:confused:
As far as the air bag light. check the fuse boxes .and as best I can tell you the engine ticking is caused by your rocker arms they may be a bit out of adjustment, or the oil passages are clogged You could try a motor flush if you are having problems with your transmission, make sure it is at the FULL mark after its at normal temp. it should be a clear red. Not dark. If it is dark, and smells, it is probably burnt. Transmission fluid, and the filter should be changed every 22,000 miles

·
Registered
529 Posts
I did put leather seats from an 07 G6 convert that did have airbags originally into an 07 G6 convert that never had air bags in the original cloth seats. So the car is not looking for air bags. I also checked with the appropriate authorities . No problems.

sounds to me like you are trying to go in the opposite direction which does not work. You will need to find seats with air bags. In my opinion.
Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.