Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
any interest in drilled/slotted rotors and pads package-$240 shipped

I am working with rotorpros.net to get a good price for anyone interested in drilled/slotted, plain, slotted, dimpled/slotted, dimpled, or drilled rotors and pads.

Also-please note this is the FULL set both fronts, both rears, and full set of pads.

I have their package on my trailblazer SS and love them. You will be able to get any combo of rotor and ceramic pads, price tbd but should be well under 300 shipped.

I see the G6 has in short crappy brakes, this will help considerably.

I hope to have final pricing Monday , and need to know if there is much interest.

Thanks,
Jeremiah

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I'd rather side with Brakemotive if I were to get new pads and rotors. Only heard good things yet they are significantly cheaper. Keep us updated though on the pricing. Maybe someone will be interested.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonder what brand rotors they are?
I know rotorpros uses Centric rotors (upper midline rotor manufactuer).

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
We had a group buy a few years back on consquence or w.e They were great but that car was written off so ill need new again.

Id only jump if it was under 250 shipped to canada....as consquence has deals on ebay for 250 shipped to canada already

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will know more Monday when I talk to them. I want to get a feel now and see what price range people are thinking.

One thing you need to remember about ebay packages is the rotors typically come from China and start to chew up considerably faster than good quality US made rotors.

I have 10k miles on mine in a daily beaten 550hp 5000lb Trailblazer SS.other than some road dirt they look new. Even OEM have a heavy wear groove after 10k miles on the TBSS's.
There is a difference between a 3500lb car and 5000 race truck tho-lol.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
No no, like i said. this is consquence or w.e they are called. we had a BIG group buy over at g6p and it was great. was about 250 iirc shipped and they are great quality, from the us....not china.

consquence is us company as well.

a package from china or a shit company can be bought for 150 or less shipped.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Brakemotive is US-made, not China. Although they are ebay based, they are legitimate. Tell us what you get.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, sorry! Thanks for clearing that up. Honestly if they arent big with Grand Prixs or have heavily supported LSx's I dont have a clue.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
My g6 rotors started causing shimmying while braking. Count me in.

--matt
Sent from Moto Atrix 4G using AutoGuide app.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I actually need new brakes coming up soon here. I am looking at R1 and cquence currently, but if these ones beat those prices I would probably be willing to jump on board.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This sure looks like a "group buy" thread.
Maybe...but the price I get wont matter if 50 people buy or zero. It should also be a set price, or a timed (30 day) sale.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
It’s funny how we all hear about how bad the stock brakes are on the G6 but no one ever post any info to prove it. Like, what makes a set of brakes good or bad and if so why don't we see stopping times??? Also, driving habits effect brake wear more than anything, but don't believe me educate yourself!

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml

In fact every case of "warped brake disc" that I have investigated, whether on a racing car or a street car, has turned out to be friction pad material transferred unevenly to the surface of the disc. This uneven deposition results in thickness variation (TV) or run-out due to hot spotting that occurred at elevated temperatures.
My point isn't to steer anyone away from buying better parts but to avoid spending more money when you get the same results.

Knowledge is a salesman's worst enemy!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It’s funny how we all hear about how bad the stock brakes are on the G6 but no one ever post any info to prove it. Like, what makes a set of brakes good or bad and if so why don't we see stopping times??? Also, driving habits effect brake wear more than anything, but don't believe me educate yourself!
You are 100% correct. However when I asked and did the research on the G6 prior to buying one a week ago. The brakes and steering shaft were the 2 most common complaints.
I simply stated what info I supplied with from current owners-which was that the brakes suck.

I can tell you that I can actually slow down enough with drilled/dimpled rotors on my TBSS to pull into the first exit at the track (after 110mph pass). With the OEM I couldnt get it below 30mph by that point.

On a G6...I got nothing.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
@BORN2SKI, not sure if you were talking to me, but I have a few pics in the members gallery.

--matt
Sent from Moto Atrix 4G using AutoGuide app.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Directed at GTPSS, but I found some
I plan on detailing the GXP soon, I'll have nice pics then. I'm just not looking forward to spending a day washing, claybaring, waxing, and shining.....BLAH!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts