Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 gtp coupe automatic when i am sitting at lights or just sitting there ideling my car kinda shakes like its kind of missing any 1 else have this problem my car only has 750 kmh on its brandnew
please let me know thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
My GTP idles smoothly most of the time. Once in a while I'll feel a slight shudder in the steering wheel, but that's it.

My GAGT shuddered since it was new, and GM said it was normal.

·
Registered
122 Posts
rough idle

blow out the car--find a hill and floor it--every once in a while you have to blow out the engine--it should idle smother --if not after a few times--have the dealer check it

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here's another thread on the same subject. It's not just you, I noticed it also and I was concerned at first. But after reading others posts here with the same descritpion I don't consider it an problem.

If his car is brand new and only has 750 km I highly doubt it needs blown out, or anything else done to it. lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
I own a GTP with 6 speed. I use ethanol / gasoline mixture (from the pump) And ideling is 100%. I really like ethanol for many reasons. I feel it keeps the injection system in a better condition. I used it for years on a 2001 Grand Am and never had any complaint.

·
Registered
122 Posts
g6 blow out

MP2 said:
Here's another thread on the same subject. It's not just you, I noticed it also and I was concerned at first. But after reading others posts here with the same descritpion I don't consider it an problem.

If his car is brand new and only has 750 km I highly doubt it needs blown out, or anything else done to it. lol
Mileage has little to do with it-city driving-constant speed-warming it up a lot-idling a lot -etc.. every once in a while-get on car up a hill-that means put it to the floor and make it climb-thats blowing it out-all the idling etc clogs it up.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
If anyone can help me out on this one i would be thankful. The next time your sitting in your car quietly running at idle. Listen very carefully for a silent knock or tapping sound coming from what sounds like the lower dash. I know its not the lifters because i know what they sound like. Just want to know if i'm not the only one hearing this. I have 4 speed auto with 3900. Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
I can hear the tapping noise behind the dash somewhere for months but couldn't locate the source. It was irritating and embarassing. But somehow it mysteriously disappeared and now it's quiet. I love my G6 again.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
Possible fix for idle shudder. Ok, I've taken the car to the dealer and they said there was nothing wrong with it, even though i had the guy sit in it while it was doing it. I kinda figured that what he would say. So, last night I went to a mechanic i know that has one of those fancy computers and hooked it up to the car. while sitting there at idle in drive, under cylinder miss on the computer. the number 2 cylinder misses a few times every cycle on the reader. The other cylinders are fine. The reason the miss doesn't trip the car's awareness system to turn the check engine light, is because it doesn't miss enough times per cycle. So, you may have the same prob, but might not be the same cylinder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts