Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
TSB on Panoramic roof

While picking up some new wiper blades at the dealer yesterday, the service manager mentioned that they had gotten a Service Bulletin a couple of days ago for creaking/popping from the Pano roof.

According to him, they are to drop the headliner and insert thin neoprene washers between the sunroof frame and the roof at the mounting points.

Sounds like the complaints may have finally gotten their attention.

· Registered
20 Posts
Hey Guys....

Just a tidbit of info for the panoramic roof problem.
I have been to the dealer for this problem and they said I need the rubber spacers/washers to eliminate this noise.
I've been waiting four weeks (on the 9th of December). I've had the owner of the car dealership call to ask how the service was, but when I asked what the hold up was for the parts, I could sense the total upbeat attitude he had change to a I'll look into it for you". That was two weeks ago.
I think Pontiac knows they have a problem with the panoramic roofs...

· Registered
18 Posts
I was in for service last week and I asked if they could put the rubber washers the roof because I have been having problems with noise since I made my purchase. They said they have never heard of any problems with the roof, and neither has GM???? I know its a problem, that is known to GM and probably any dealer that sells these cars. What can I do to get them to do something about my problem. Can someone post some refrence numbers, or something I can use.

· Registered
2 Posts
GM is aware of panoramic noise

I have had my G6 with panoramic sunroof to the dealership twice with rattling noise. According to my dealership GM posted a bulletin on December 14, 2005, that GM dealerships may view online, addressing this issue. My dealership has ordered parts to correct this problem and I am waiting for them to call me to bring my car in to fix it. I will post my results asap.

· Registered
169 Posts
I got mine back from being fixed. Called to schedule on Monday, dropped it off Tuesday morning, picked it up Tuesday afternoon.

It's actually FIXED.

I've driven the nastiest roads that used to make it creak and pop to the point of making me want to abandon it on the side of the road.

Not a sound. It doesn't even make a sound when I turn up into my driveway, which hits the street at a 45degree angle (talk about stress and body flex).

My dealer went ahead and put some felt between the bosses and the headliner as well, to keep them from having to address that should it ever start to make the scratching sounds.

Then, to top it all off, they detailed my car including the engine...for FREE. (they have earned my next vehicle purchase)

· Registered
1 Posts
Panoramic sunroof is stuck

Hello-I am new to this forum. My problem with my panoramic sunroof is it is stuck closed thank god! It tries to open but stops just as the second panel starts to slide back. I think I jarred it off the track when I went over a very hard bump and pothole in the road. An advice on how I can disassemble it and repair it? Is it too much trouble? who is the manufacturer of the sunroof. Maybe they can help.

Thanks

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.