Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 G6 GT Sedan 3.5L VL LX9
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2005 G6 GT and it's driving me nuts that it defaults to outside air vent intake every time I start the car. So I have to switch to recirculate every time! I rarely want outside air in hot dusty Phoenix, AZ. And when I want outside air, I open the window or sunroof.

Is there any way to make the default recirculate or have it remember what setting it was on before turning off the car?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Not that I have noticed. Mine always defaults the same as yours. Hope someone has a better answer for you.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I guess you could access the recirc actuator, select recirc, then unplug it.
Boom, always recirc.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a 2005 G6 GT and it's driving me nuts that it defaults to outside air vent intake every time I start the car. So I have to switch to recirculate every time! I rarely want outside air in hot dusty Phoenix, AZ. And when I want outside air, I open the window or sunroof.

Is there any way to make the default recirculate or have it remember what setting it was on before turning off the car?
Hahaha. I feel the same way! Just got my "08 GT and realized today that it does
that. A hassle sometimes but I love the car so I'll deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am wondering if it would be easy to swap the output wires so that Vent is really recirculate and recirculate is really Vent. And then I could maybe somehow change the labeling? lol. I plan to keep this car a long time so that would be worth it to not have to press recirculate multiple times a day... for years.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never used recirculate so I never noticed.
LOL, then you certainly don't live in a place like Phoenix, AZ where it's over 100 a lot. It's been around 105 lately and next week it might hit 115. If I use outside air then the AC won't cool the cabin at all. So I have to switch back to recirculate a ton. Plus it's dusty. So even if I don't need it colder, I like to use recirculate and it's never cold and humid enough to have foggy windows here. lol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm in Missouri and if it gets that hot I stay indoors and when it's a little cooler I have a convertible so the top would go down.
I like to keep fresh air to keep the inside from getting musty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I always use the recir when the AC is on. Makes it work better. 👍
Absolutely! It's a must in 115+ heat! Really silly that the logic isn't to keep using the last used setting. If they have to use a default setting, it should be recirculation is on by default when the AC compressor is running.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts