Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea what the going real-life rate for a 2009 GXP Sedan is these days? Mine is white with the large chromies, 2 tone interior w/auto AC/heat controls, 39k miles, and in excellent condition (non-sunroof and non-Street Edition). KBB puts it at $18-19k for private party sale but I know that's not a real life assessment so is $16k a more acceptable starting point? I hate to sell it as it is a fun car to drive but I still haven't found a job and the car is paid for so it's hard to justify having it sit in the garage when I could certainly use the extra money.

And mods, if this is against forum rules please feel free to delete this thread. From my experience in the Mustang community the folks in the forums are the best to ask for reality based pricing over what's out there on Craigslist or Autotrader but I don't want to break the rules. Thanks!

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Id say search locally on autotrader and craigs....see what a similar car is selling for....then lower your price 1-2k and post yours as well. then assume dealers post atleast 1k over their selling point so be willing to sell yours for even less, atleast 4k under what local asking is...if you want them to pick you over other cars in the area

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately (fortunately?) there aren't many GXPs within 250 miles to compare them to really and as you indicated I need to stay well below dealers to be appealing. I was just really interested to hear what people are paying for theirs now as I don't want to ask too much or too little. I'm unemployed so I need the money but the more i get the better replacement car I can get (I plan on splitting the money 60/40 car versus savings) and I really want a 03/04 Mustang GT convertible! :D

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Haha, so being unemployed really is the cover story ;)

I dunno, thats kinda tricky im not sure, you can try and as a bit more..but at the same time MOST people who consider a g6 arnt looking for the performance model ya know

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I paid ~16k for mine with 24k miles on it. Got the car from Carmax.

--matt
Sent from Moto Atrix 4G using AutoGuide app.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid ~16k for mine with 24k miles on it. Got the car from Carmax.

--matt
Sent from Moto Atrix 4G using AutoGuide app.
Good to know! I've started it at $15,900 but I think in a week I'm going to drop it to $14,900 if I get no bites. I really need to get around $14k to make it worthwhile but I also need the money so I hope I don't end up getting desperate in awhile. This is first car worth more than $5k I've sold privately in a long time so I hope it sells. We don't have any Carmaxes here or I'd take it in and get their screw-you-in-the-rear bottom basement price so I'd know how low I could go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts