Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After explaining to my girlfriend that I have joined a new "club", she proceeded to tell me how I couldn't afford it! I told her that it was FREE, but being the ever positive person that she is, told me; NOTHING IN THIS WORLD IS 'FREE'.

I then reminded her that her favorite TV personality, Oprah Winfrey, gave away, FREE, several G6's to those attending her show one day last year. Of course then she had to ask me; "Well how many of 'those people' you communicate with in your "Club" won THEIR CAR on her show?

So, I ask........ANYBODY OUT THERE WIN THEIR G6 FROM OPRAH? Inquiring minds want to know.....

Please, have mercy on me and tell me SOMEONE out there did!!!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Oprah gave them to EVERYONE in the audience. Funny thing about it is that it was actually GM that gave those cars away. Oprah just took the credit for it.

Sadly, it was a show for people who couldn't afford, but desperately needed, new cars, and they had to pay taxes,title, etc on it, and a lot couldn't afford that, which is why you sometimes see them for sale on eBay.

Personally, I'd try to get a loan for those expenses if I couldn't afford it. It's not everyday someone hands you a 27,000 dollar car.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, i kinda figured GM was behind it as a 'Sales Promotion'. pretty good one, too.

funny, though, i never really looked at the G6 until i was ready to trade and was going to buy a Honda Accord. i really wanted a 5sp and they didn't have anything on the lot. on the way home, i passed by and saw a really cool lookin' car. stopped to check it out and lo and behold, THE G6!!! i was so impressed with it that i didn't even care if i got a 5sp, 6sp or whatever. i fell in love with the stealth gray gt and, well the rest is history.

as i said before, its my first pontiac since my '85 trans am.....what a great car!!
i always missed that car....until NOW.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
Sadly, it was a show for people who couldn't afford, but desperately needed, new cars, and they had to pay taxes,title, etc on it, and a lot couldn't afford that, which is why you sometimes see them for sale on eBay.
QUOTE]

Those who complained about that should have the car taken away from them and get NOTHING. So what if they have to pay taxes? After selling the car and paying taxes you would still end up with well over 10 grand that is a GIFT. Sorry for the ranting, but hearing some of those d-bags complain about it really got me worked up.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, i'm with ya there.

don't get me worked up about that or i may have to get up on MY soapbox, and believe me, its not a pretty sight!!! LOL

surely, if the cars were, lets say $20k, and here in indiana the sales tax is 6%, i would think they could get a loan for $1,200 to pay the taxes and another $2-300 for plates and registration. after all, the car is worth alot more than THAT!!!! even if they couldn't get a loan, i would think SOMEONE would lend them the money long enough to get the car and sell it, like you suggested. yes, THAT would be a GIFT!!!! maybe $15k in your pocket for NOTHING? well, not nothing, they had to 'put up' with Oprah for a couple hours!!!! LOL

well, got up on the soapbox anyway......sorry:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts