Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum~ My 2005 GT has experienced some adhesive issues with the "cheap" Pontiac excuse for displaying their division name on the trunk lid (namely the word PONTIAC). Immediately after purchase (day 1) upon getting the car home I found the "T" & the "A" loose on the trunk lid. Needless to say I returned the following day to schedule a time where they could replace the loose letters. <time passes> I bring my car home to review how the trunk lid now looks with the newly placed letters, only to discover fine scratches where I determined they skimmed ALL the lettering off the trunk lid to replace all rather than the two disfunctional letters. This angered me :mad: enough to complain about my dissatisfaction. <time passes> Within 60 to 90 days, I am washing my car & as I approach the trunk lid, I discover the bottom of the "C" has separated from its base sponge. :rolleyes:

Any suggestion from ANYONE as to how to refasten the letter area WITHOUT having to take it to the dealership (for possibly more damage) regardless that it is under warranty??? :confused:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hmm..thats one thing on my car that has never had any issues.

I now have a horribly rought idle and some strange noises in the engine bay. *Sigh*

·
Registered
169 Posts
The Oracle said:
Any suggestion from ANYONE as to how to refasten the letter area WITHOUT having to take it to the dealership (for possibly more damage) regardless that it is under warranty??? :confused:
Unfortunately, I had 2 letters start to abandon the trunk lid as well.

Contact cement and a toothpick did the trick. Put a little on each surface, wait 5 minutes, stick it down. It's lasted for over a year and multiple car washes without raising a white flag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pealing letter problem

I don't know if it helps but when the C started pealing off I took the pontiac off and just left the G6 and GT on the back. It looks good and I have not had an issue with them comming off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.