Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '09 g6 v6 4dr

This has happened three times within the past year: I have put all my windows down, then cannot put them back up. Replacing the power window fuse fixes it.

First time was after dealer did work on the radio, so I assumed that caused the fuse to blow.

The second time was about two months ago, around the same time the heating element in my driver seat died and had to be replaced, so I thought maybe it was related to whatever caused that to happen so soon since it is only going to be three years old in May '12 (has 56k mi right now).

The third time was today, with no corresponding event to blame it on

Anyone else having similar / as frequent issues with the power window fuse? I feel like there has to be an underlying issue for this to be happening so often.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The power window fuse protects only the power window circuit. There's an intermittent short to ground (or possibly to voltage) somewhere in that circuit. The first place I'd look is in the driver's door wire harness as it does the most flexing in that entire circuit. Otherwise, finding shorts is a job for a pro with a short finder & the experience to use it. Intermittent shorts can be a PITA to find.

It's possible the dealer mechanic caused the issue while working on the radio.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts