Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine had NONE and I bought two after market ones and using a Dremel tool I shaved out an area just large enough for the logo which I embroidered and used epoxy to adhere the embroidered patch in the space.
I LOVED then so much and so many comments have been made about them by others I did a second pair. I keep the second pair for special occasions and the first ones I use for everyday use.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The mats I made for my G6

Hello,
I finally got some photos of my mats. They need to be vacuumed but I think you can see the embroidery pretty good.
I was not about to pay the price I was seeing for embroidered floor mats when I can digitize the logo I want and stitch it my self. Each set cost me around $30.00 for the mats and $2.00 for the thread!
I wanted the logo with the star in the center but wanted to include the G6 as well so I made the image in photoshop then used the embroidery machine software to turn the image into stitches.(digitizing software) Once I stitched it out on the same type of netting we make bridal veils out of I used a Dremel rotary tool to carve the carpet fiber out in the same shape as the finished embroidered patch. I used a silicone adhesive to attach the patch in the shaved area and they look as good if not better then the floor mat set I saw for $120.00!

I am very happy with them and now I am looking around the car for more things to embellish!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks

I am feeling pretty good about my work on my floor mats, thanks guys. I did my head rests already. Look a few posts above the photos of the mats for a shot of the logo plus Betty Boop. I put Betty on my head rest and just the logo with G6 in it like the floor mats on the passenger side.
Thanks for the thought on the head rests and if you have any other ideas for embellishing the car with embroidery let me know.
I have been considering doing something for the back deck but would love to hear some fresh ideas on what.

·
Registered
16 Posts
More things I made to show off my car

Well you all seemed to like the embroidery so I thought I would share something else I made for my car, sort of.
I found a company that does not make you buy thousands of yards of fabric to get your own fabric printed. your photo or art and the ability to set the size and background color and then in the mail comes your photo or art on the type of fabric you want. Could be cotton or a knit or canvas and there are other choices as well. You can get an 8x8 swatch to make sure you like it for 5 bucks! You can order less then a yard on up to what ever you may need.
Go to http://www.spoonflower.com and check it out! Think YOUR car on fabric! OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh the possibilities for ties shirts bags and on and on heck if your obsessed like some of us....sheets! LOL
I had canvas printed like this for my tote bag that I carry at car shows. I would make hundreds if I had bags with this and all the others makes for sale at these things let me tell ya.

I go to a lot of car shows because my husband and son restored a 1970 impala which is the car my hubby and I eloped in!

I used several photos of the car to have yardage printed to make my husband a shirt to wear at the car shows. The shirt is almost done and he will probably wear it until there is nothing left of it. He is obsessed with his car and I know none of us on this site would understand being obsessed with a car right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.