Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have had the same matts since i first posted this thread LOL and there are destroyed only the driver cause i always have my heel pivitting and it shredded it so now i want to find a good quality rubber one maybe?\

The red would look good i have all red led inside also the one in my dome is like 30 like chips looking ones so bright.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
yup i got the red led dome to bud there sweet!!!

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
I didn't notice that mine was lacking mats until after I'd signed off on the paperwork, so I ended up getting a set from Autozone. I paid about $15 for them and they look OK, but the driver side mat would not stay in place and slid around a lot. then I cut a hole in it and used the "positive location" floor mat holder thing on the carpet to keep it in place, now it works better, but I still doubt that they will hold up for more than a year, when these ones die I'm considering getting some WeatherTech mats.

Anybody out there have Weather Tech Floor mats?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The place who I got the car from threw in some generic mats that fit pretty damn well...Problem is is that there wasn't a hole where the mats could clip into the driver's side floor. So I made a new modification with my knife and created a hole for it, so now the damn thing doesn't slide around:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Or what you do is get yankee matts like mine

·
Registered
31 Posts
Id like to find some of the OLD indian head Pontiac mats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Floor mats that come with GXP

Hi there I'm new here. I bought my 08 G6 GXP about 2 months ago. I got the dealership to agree to floor mates for my car when i bought it. I have been fighting with them on where are they at. They give me the excuases of they sent the wrong one, then they must be back ordered. But finally i got a phone call saying the got them. Now I wana make sure they are factory mats and not some cheap auto parts store special. Did anyone buy a GXP that came with mats, and what did they look like. Carpet with maybe "G6" or "GXP" on them. Any input would be great. Or maybe a website i can go to, to see what belongs in it. Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got two front Lloyd Velourtex mats from carid for $68 with a discount prior to Christmas with the added G6 embroidery. They are pretty nice and seem like a better material than the original driver's side mat I had despite these mats being the "value" Lloyd mats. There are also better quality mats available from them. (I bought them because my car came with no passenger mat).

Without embroidery they are $54.90 for the two front ones or $74.90 for the four and free shipping. I think there might be some discounts floating around somewhere. You have the option of the dart or G6 embroidery and can choose from a lot of colors of the mat itself and the G6 embroidery. The embroidery is an extra $25 per two mats embroidered so it is $50 if you want all four.

·
Need for Speed
34 Posts
I got a set of 4 of Goodyear rubber dirt and mud mats for $20 from target. They are great and fit perfectly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The mats with the G6 logo are not free. When I replaced my mats I bought them from the dealer. They are nice. They feel thicker than the originals. But the BLACK is darker than the ones that come with the car which I guess were "graphite". But I ended up liking the darker mats even more.

·
rollin on the 6's
22 Posts
I got a set of 4 of Goodyear rubber dirt and mud mats for $20 from target. They are great and fit perfectly.
I just bought the same exact ones, i also just bought my car used, and it did not come with any floormats, v6 model...

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
I have those as well. Your car came with no car mats, seriously?
Mine also came with no mats, and I bought it used. Mine was a former rental; the first thing they do is take out the factory mats and put in the largest, ugliest, chunkiest black rubber mats they can shoehorn in so the carpet won't get damaged.

I also did not get an owner's manual, OnStar guide, or the cargo nets, and there was only one key and no remote fobs. The owner's manual is available online as a free download, OnStar is only too happy to send you the whole package by mail, and a few buys spent on eBay solved the net problem. The dealer gave me a second key and two brand new fobs for free (they made enough profit off me) and I got them programmed free at another dealer closer to home. But I have yet to acquire floor mats or decide which ones I want to buy. I'm liking the looks of those custom-embroidered mats.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine also came with no mats, and I bought it used. Mine was a former rental; the first thing they do is take out the factory mats and put in the largest, ugliest, chunkiest black rubber mats they can shoehorn in so the carpet won't get damaged.

I also did not get an owner's manual, OnStar guide, or the cargo nets, and there was only one key and no remote fobs. The owner's manual is available online as a free download, OnStar is only too happy to send you the whole package by mail, and a few buys spent on eBay solved the net problem. The dealer gave me a second key and two brand new fobs for free (they made enough profit off me) and I got them programmed free at another dealer closer to home. But I have yet to acquire floor mats or decide which ones I want to buy. I'm liking the looks of those custom-embroidered mats.

~ MattInSoCal
Interesting. Mine was a rental as well, and I got all of the above. I must have been lucky!

·
Heavy Modder
18 Posts
a little off subject, but i cant find ANYWHERE black floor mats (all 4) with G6 GT in red only ever just G6, i have a GT and i am pround of it, anyone know someone that could make some?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was just googling it & I can only find floor mats with the G6 as well. I'm not sure if this idea would work, but I know there are some advanced sewing machines (if you know anyone who has one) that will sew in words, or in this case just a few letters into fabrics. I am not sure if that would work for a floor mat though, probably not because of the rubber bottoms, but its an idea. Its an idea, if your willing to give it a try.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.