Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine light came on about two weeks ago, so I went to the auto parts store to use their diagnostics tool to find the code, when I plugged it in it had no codes stored so I unplugged it thinking it would help if I replugged it back in
when I went to plug it back in i noticed the light was off so I just left it at that. Now it is back on, I am a broke a** ;) any suggestions would be helpful
Thanks for your time

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!:bigear::bigear:

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
My engine light came on about two weeks ago, so I went to the auto parts store to use their diagnostics tool to find the code, when I plugged it in it had no codes stored so I unplugged it thinking it would help if I replugged it back in
when I went to plug it back in i noticed the light was off so I just left it at that. Now it is back on, I am a broke a** ;) any suggestions would be helpful
Thanks for your time

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!:bigear::bigear:
The thing with the engine light is, could be many things, from an o2 censor to the gas cap being loose.. I wouldn't really worry about it much unless it stays on.. if the light keeps coming on constantly then I would check it, but you can't get the answer from a computer until the light stays lit unfortunately.. but I wouldn't worry much about it..

·
Registered
13 Posts
My light came on last week and has been on since. I also got the Check Gas Cap prompt on the display once, I pulled it off an replaced, the prompt went away, but I still have the light. Could it be a vaccum (air) leak in the fuel system?
BC:beer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts