Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be interested in some suspension parts being made up? Say something to correct the rear camber, adjustable endlinks, options for possibly larger brake kits.

Back when I owned my Cavalier there was a guy who made solid strut mounts, different braces as well as custom exhausts and engine parts. I just spoke to him yesterday to see if he would be interested in making up some parts for the G6 platform and he said he would be if others were interested.

The guys website is www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com if anyone wants to shoot him a e-mail with idea's for parts. If there is plenty of interest i'm sure he would get the ball rolling asap. I can't quite get my car down to him for development of parts though since he's in florida and I live in Delaware. So please get in contact with him as we need all of the aftermarket support we can get.

· Banned
258 Posts
Hopefully this thread sticks around here, cause I would love to get a rear camber kit, and exhaust system thats reasonably priced. I already emailed him about some items. We should get more people to shoot emails at him and hopefully we get the ball rolling.

· Banned
258 Posts
Hey guys I got a reply back:

Yes, thats not a problem. We can produce a system complete for around $500. I would need a stock system so that we can scan it for our mandrel bender. There would need to be 5 people to prepay $100 to start this process though.

Mark
Only 5 people!! thats a hell of alot better than 15-20...lol. Anyone if Florida that could help them out? I would, but im in TN. (sigh)

· Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Hm 500 is not a bad price. Once i re-coop from the projector buy i may do this

· his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
will this exhaust be made of stainless /with or without highflow resinator/what size pipe from converter back/what kind of muffler/mufflers/will it be dual or single out ?????these are some things we need to know befor you can say that is a good price!!!:confused:

· Banned
258 Posts
Who cares if its stainless or with or w/o highflow resinator. Its a custom exhaust, so we would just have to see what they comes up with. Its more than likely gonna be 2.5" piping. And from what I gathered from there site, they have a choice of Magnaflow or Borla mufflers. Im not sure about if its dual or single. Im gonna email them and try to get more info.

· Premium Member
1,063 Posts
yeah thats a better price than 600-700 for sure

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well don't get to ready for parts. I don't think they're going to happen. He has been denied by the mods on the other forum. Over a couple bad reviews it was said they don't want him.

· Banned
258 Posts
I knew it wasnt gonna happen. Ive been a member of G6P since 2006 and its always been....Lampoon for intake, GTR for exhaust, and WAMS for PCM. Absolutely nothing has changed in 4 years. And I dont think anything is GOING to change either. Kinda pathetic, imo.

There was even a thread to see what vendor we would like to have, and I guess nothing happened with that either. I mean they recently got MPD, but there hella expensive, even with a forum discount.

Im sure this is gonna get deleted, but you would think within 4 years, we would have more than what we have now.

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just keep in contact with him, the only way is to keep showing interest. There was concern over some apparent issues on a couple other forums, that being the reason he is kind of reluctant to add him as a vendor.

· Banned
258 Posts
I like how your vilifying the people who did make things for the G6. lol

I am very interested in seeing what he fabs up.
Ok Lampoon, how did I vilify you and the other vendors?? Its just the same old same old....I like change, and getting more people involved. But it looks like we are going to be stuck with the same parts for a long time... :rolleyes: Cant wait to rid of this 6er and move on to a better platform... :D

· Registered
292 Posts
Ive been a member of G6P since 2006 and its always been....Lampoon for intake, GTR for exhaust, and WAMS for PCM. Absolutely nothing has changed in 4 years.
I think hndah8r does have a point. However, there is a reason people say that these are the best mods. It is because its true. No other products have been as widely reviewed, tested, and proven for the G6. I'm not opposed to change, but I think a product needs to be created, tested and reviewed before people can choose whether or not they want it. Its hard to get up front money for something that might totally suck. If you want to sell it you need to make it, that is of course the risk of any enterprise. That's why quality counts and also word of mouth. Forums are great ways to pitch a product.

For the record I love G6P I think they have excellent info on that site and knowledgeable members, just like G6OC. Probably because were all the same people we just site hop lol. G6OC has also provided the same general conclusion for a number of years too. The beauty of it is if its not on G6OC it'll be on G6P!

· Registered
912 Posts
Another problem is getting parts that everyone can use. Since 5+ engines where offered. So getting enough people from one type can be difficult. As far as susspension everyone should be able to use the same stuff. And i would be interested in all that camber kits, big break and adjustable endlinks would be nice ive seen some adjustable ones already for us but there $120 plus. kinda pricey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.