Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was curious if anyone know were I can get a strut bar for my 2008 G6 V6.

Also, do I need to do 'prep' work before I can mount the strut bar?

Thank you!

·
Registered
108 Posts
On backorder now but will have their new shipment on the 10th.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
209 Posts
No prep needed.
Grab bar.
Determine which nuts to remove.
remove
install bar over studs
install nuts, tighten.
drive, be happy.
My strut bar came from GM. Front Strut Tower Brace - GM Part Number: 15286584 - Lists for $144. (Chevrolet Malibu/Maxx SS models).
It utilizes (2) of the studs/nuts for each strut as a mounting attachment points.
I think I paid like $100, Made a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I got the racingline strut bar from them off ebay. Bolted right in, the only problem i had is the post on the driver side strut tower. There's a post where the ground for the power steering is connected to. Mine didnt fit through the hole there so I had to cut off the post and ground it to one of the strut bolts. Works fine

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
I got one of these in 2009 about a month after getting my 05 G6 GT. I really like it. The bar went on easy without having to modify anything.

Note that I didn't pay $165 for it, I got it on eBay for $65 when they had a bunch of extra red ones.

Someone will probably point out that this model hits the hood when you close it.
It does. For the price I paid, I didn't care. The bent part doesn't show up on the outside and has the added benefit of keeping the hood from vibrating at high speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts