Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The Picture you have listed from GM Parts Giant is more or less a sticker that is just placed on the metal outside of the weatherstripping. Whereas the first picture looks like a replacement or add on piece to the interior trim that goes along the floor and hides the wire harness.

From what I can gather the First picture, from Flickr Is what you would get in a newer Pontiac G6 Coupe/Convertible. Since it's a two door the edge cover trim is longer and can accommodate the G6 Sign.

The second picture that are the stickers is what comes on the 4 door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly bro, this is exactly the difference between both of the pictures. I just want the name of the part in the first picture because mine needs to be replaced. Thank you!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Seems like you have the right part number.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Oh alright, try this... I can't link to the exact page but heres how to get there. go here http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

After entering in your vehicle information on the left scroll down and click on
Pillars Rocker and Floor, then beneath that click
Interior Trim, Then beneath that click
Plate

Hopefully it'll get you closer to finding the part. it doesn't have any part numbers listed. But you can ask them a question and look at an illustration and such.

You can also click
Carpet Retainer

I don't know but it looks as if it's all included as one piece, the plastic trim and the G6 Sill plate. Either way it's only like $40 so maybe it's worth a shot.

I hope this helps

GMPartsDirect.com is a pretty neat site

1 - 7 of 7 Posts