Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed people saying they swapped their 225's with 235's. Has anyone gotten a rim with bigger or smaller backspacing to maybe fit a larger tire, or get the rim to fit a little more snug to the wheel well? Just tossing my thoughts around.

·
Storm Trooper
323 Posts
Well the first thing you should do to tighten up the wheel gap is drop that bad boy on some Eibach Springs... I put mine on KYB GR-2 struts and shocks (yea they are OEM replacement but they are better performing than the stockers). That will tighten up the fender to wheel gap and help with handeling

Second thing is when it is time to ditch those, i am assuming you have the 18s, Eagle LS2's. When you do get the 235/45 that will cut down some of the aspect ratio and the side wall will be a touch smaller and stiffer, also helping with the handeling.

Lastly is get some eibach 5mm-10mm spacers, remember Pontiac's ads back in the day? WIDER IS BETTER. This will flush up the wheels and make them sit in the opening like the BMWs or Audi's wheels in the tire well. ALSO if you plan on the Cobalt SS/TC Brembo swap you will have the correct spacing and clearance.

When doing mods i always think of the end game. All of these mods are SUPER common but they are well worth it.

Since we are talking about handeling, get yourself a strut tower brace. It will cut down the understeer

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking for the strut tower brace but all I could find was one for a Malibu, and the other from ZZ performance is sold out. I know the Malibu one fits but they said it rubs the hood and you have to cut it to fit past one of the bolts. I can do that but I'd rather buy the correct one. Do you know where to get one? Thanks.

·
Storm Trooper
323 Posts
There was one built for the G6 by an G6P member "Taz" it was manufactured br Ridgeline or something like that. Google that and you should get sent in the right direction. They pop up for sale every once and a while. I think they are about 129 new....?

The one Taz built will, or i should say could require you to oblong one hole thet is on the drivers side strut tower. Some of us have that particulat ground bolt and some dont.

The malibu bar will work and i am unsure of the rubbing. I also think that GM Performance made a square shaped brace.... I remember seeing one that had the GM Performance badge on it but who the hell knows... Lol people put all soets of stickers and go fast port holes on their cars....lol

·
Storm Trooper
323 Posts
will this work for the 4 banger engine also?
Yes. Same body and front strut pattern
where do you get the spacers?
On ebay, caranything, pfyc, damn near anywhere jus make sure they are hubcentric spacers and the bolt pattern is 5x110 and you are set. If you use the 10mm you should also get longer lugs. Yes this means you have to take the ones that are pressed in out and put new ones in their place.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes. Same body and front strut pattern

On ebay, caranything, pfyc, damn near anywhere jus make sure they are hubcentric spacers and the bolt pattern is 5x110 and you are set. If you use the 10mm you should also get longer lugs. Yes this means you have to take the ones that are pressed in out and put new ones in their place.
Not trying to be picky but you meant "studs" correct? I hate pressing those things out. Or in my case, bashing them out with a hammer lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.