Pontiac G6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Do to my recent drama w/ HIDs I feel the need to say "DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS ON THE BULB! DO NOT GET ANY KIND OF OIL OR GREASE ON IT EITHER.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
just choose your bulb type and color that you want it should fit the only thing your really looking for is quality

·
Registered
38 Posts
In case you didn't know, the ebay HID kits are ILLEGAL!!! Plus 4300K is the brightest bulb you can get, anything past that is just color!! If you are looking at getting the ebay specials that are like >50 bucks, have fun paying the couple hundred dollar fines!! The HID bulbs are not desined for Halogen housings, and when you put the HID's in the Halogen housings you get nothing but scattered light!! By doing this you blind other drivers on the road, and if you don't care about other people on the road then you need to grow up, and personally I hope someone gets blinded by your lights and runs in to you!! If you want HID then you are going to have to do a custom job and modify your headlamps so that you can mount the Projectors, but that is a very expensive thing to do not to mention the time it will take for a rookie to pull it off!! If you want brighter headlights get the Silverstar light bulbs, they are the best solution for the halogen head lamps and trust me, they are plenty bright!! I would dare to say that the low beams on Silverstars are as bright as the brights on most cars!! And they are 100%, 50 States LEGAL!!

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
#1 i got hids in my car and yes they are bright #2 i got them pointed down and no they do not scatter the light as bad as you think #3 for people that like bright and good looking lights there going to get them #4 i have never had a fine for my lights and have had them in for 1 1/2 years now #5 never got pulled over for my lights #6 the only time you will get pulled over if the yellow purple or pink or even the green ones out now are in your lows, highs, and fogs and being used when driving (note: yellows are used in fogs lexus and other companys that have expensive cars they put these in and really they dont say anything about them for the simple fact there yellow the only different thing is a ballast #7 mine are in my halogen housing and i have not had a problem yet #8 not all mods are expensive if you know people :) #9 not all people do legal things and you cant save everyone there mr. superman #10 maybe people wishing other people would run into other people and calling other people rookies should grow up :) have a nice day sir.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So your saying that you know you are doing something illegal, and u feel B.A. for it!! Nice, your my role model!! But like i said, ROOKIE!! In this case, like I said, it would be a first timer putting Projectors in his housings, making him a rookie!!! And I am not trying so save everyone Dr. Evil, I was informing him that it is illegal and illegal for a reason!! And if you don't care about anyone else on the road, I wish someone would put your headlights out of commission!! Have a nice day DOC!!

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Hey Matt... can you explain to me what makes them illegal? Are you referring to the inspection codes?

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
So your saying that you know you are doing something illegal, and u feel B.A. for it!! Nice, your my role model!! But like i said, ROOKIE!! In this case, like I said, it would be a first timer putting Projectors in his housings, making him a rookie!!! And I am not trying so save everyone Dr. Evil, I was informing him that it is illegal and illegal for a reason!! And if you don't care about anyone else on the road, I wish someone would put your headlights out of commission!! Have a nice day DOC!!

My favorite parts in red. The reason you ask :) Ill explain

1. Badass my favorite word in the world (Im not joking).

2. I would love to be your role model (keep your head up kid your doing good) see im good at that kind of stuff :)

3. Like I said is said two times not even 4 words apart :p

4. I hate doctor evil why cant I be Austin Powers or fat bastard why do I have to be ignorant? :)

5. Anyone is outside my house touching any property will see this sign:

Its true has happened already didnt shoot him cause he shit his pants i was to busy laughing when he had to sit in it getting into the cop car i think the cop was gagging when he was pulling way ha ha

6. Always wanted to be a doctor then I would not have to travel so much. and they make more money than i do you know what that means more mods!

Pooners the reason there illegal is because the ballast are needed to power them thats it but there are cadilliacs that have them but there oem ballast and they def do not put close the amount of light out as some of the kits that i mess with do but like i said mine are pointed down so i dont blind people

See I told you!!! My HIDS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OYi2dfPZUI

Anyways, like I said people would not do it if they did not want to break the law not only that you should not be commenting on something that is not your favorite subject! Cant we all just get along? :argue:

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
geewhiz ha ha where did you find that little guy? thats funny

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
lol wow i could just imagine how long of a story that would have been! ha ha

·
Registered
38 Posts
geewhiz, OMG I am laughing my A** off, that is hilarious!! :D

But the HID kits have been illegal since 8-15-03!! Because the HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs do not have a filament they are illegal to put in a halogen housing!! The reason for this is that the halogen housing is designed around a halogen bulb!! And when u put a Xenon bulb into a halogen housing the light waves are not sent in the spots they are designed to go!!! By putting an HID bulb in the halogen housing there will be less light straight ahead of you, and more light scattered all over the place!! When this happens oncoming cars are blinded therefore making them illegal!! And ya i guess you can turn your headlights down, but i don't see why you want a really clear view of asphalt!! :confused: Seriously, it really isn't that interesting at night, it is the same thing at night as it is in the day!! :D Lights on vehicles are made to shoot the light out in front of you so u can see deer or w/e else is in your way, not down at the ground!!! They are designed to be as high off the ground as possible without blinding other drivers!! And HID bulbs screw that all up, cause they are not designed for the halogen housings plain and simple, if you want cool blue and bright lights do a "retrofit" and custom install projectors!!! And if you don't have the courage to rip apart and cut up your headlights, install the Silverstar Bulbs!!

And after that book ^ i think i need a :beer: !!! LOL

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
ya at the same time mine has a straight line i could take a picture of a wall if you want me to but like i said mine see out as far as i need to see and if i need to see further i can turn o the highs but my fogs beam light to meet the lows and the lows go far out enough that i can see what i need to and the highs are if i need to light it up even more mine do not blind people that much at all and like i said i live in a place where even the cops but hids in there personal cars and trucks hell i bout my friend thats a sheriff a kit two weeks ago other states might be strict but mine is not neither is KY

·
Registered
90 Posts
drama

drama

drama

omg ya'll play nice now. the kid wanted to know it there were hids specifically for the 08 g6, not if they were illegal or all that nonsense. I think anyone with a brain will know that once you get above a certain temp, yes they are illegal.

theres no kit specifically for the 08 g6, but get the proper bulb and you won't have a issue. Also, installing them properly goes a long way too :D

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
lol yup

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.