Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· LCPL Cobb
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded to ATE Performance Slotted Rotors and Hawk HPS High Performance brake pads.

The old ones were completely toast. The front left inside pad was completely missing the contact material, and was rubbing the mounting plate directly on the rotor. I ordered the parts a few weeks ago, and the pad broke yesterday. I was lucky enough to get the parts this afternoon and after a few MINUTES of work had the front brakes completely done. I'll have pics of the old parts compared to the new ones soon.

· LCPL Cobb
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pics of the old brakes compared to the new ATE and HAWK PArts.

This is what happens when stock parts suck....the contact material is GONE.

Here's a view of the factory rotor with the old pads.

Here's the new ATE Slotted rotor next to the factory one.

And...finally...a close-up of the brand new ATE High Performance slotted rotor with the Hawk HPS High Performance pads.

· LCPL Cobb
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem.

As for the day one update, The new pads and rotors are great so far. They're a little noisy at times, but it's only when they're cold. And I pretty much expect them to be since they are brand new. Once they get warmed up, you really start to notice the difference over the stock setup. With the new brakes, and the Sumitomo HTR ZII tires, my car is just as exciting to bring to a stop as it is to hit the gas. With the old brakes and the new tires, it was really easy to tell how weak the factory brakes are. With this setup I was able to bring the car to an almost instant stop from 50mph. I even managed to get a bit of chirping out of the 235/45/ZR17s, which I was never able to do with the factory brakes.

I'd have to say that these rotors are making one hell of a great first impression. The only downside so far is that it took me about 3 weeks to get them because they are special made-to-order parts. I got both front rotors and the Hawk HPS pads for $240 after shipping from www.tirerack.com .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.