Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Keep it factory baby!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2006 2.4 and I noticed this morning that my cluster lights stayed on the entire drive to work. It was more than enough light outside and they usually go off. What could be the problem? A fuse? Probably not, I would think a fuse would cause them to not come on. When I turn auto lights off, the cluster lights will turn off. Any ideas??

·
Token Asian
28 Posts
Theres a dash/interior knob on the left of the steering wheel, make sure the knob isn't all the way cranked to the right.. if it isn't cranked all the way to the right and the lights are still on, the ambient light switch could be bad... It's that center ball on the dash...

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Keep it factory baby!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres a dash/interior knob on the left of the steering wheel, make sure the knob isn't all the way cranked to the right.. if it isn't cranked all the way to the right and the lights are still on, the ambient light switch could be bad... It's that center ball on the dash...

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
My knob is always cranked to the right and it would go off. Guess is the switch. I bet thats pretty expensive to replace.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Turning that knob doesn't turn your cluster lights on or off, just dimming. You mentioned when you turn off the auto lights then they turn off. I'm willing to bet it's a problem with the sensor. Maybe try that little ball on the dash?

Here's a thread with some info that may help:
http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10250

The sensor itself is pretty cheap you can get it here: http://gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm
Just enter your vehicle info and search for: Auto Lamp Sensor.

·
Token Asian
28 Posts
Oye, I just got confused, is it the dash mainly or the interior.. Read Interior for topic and cluster for post... but if it's cluster then the ball in the center ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Keep it factory baby!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's working fine now. Maybe it just wasn't light enough yesterday morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts