Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm under the impression that the auto-lights feature in my 05 GT is supposed to regulate the lights so they only come on at dusk, however in the middle of the day, under the Texas sun, my lights are on. Anyone know why, or what I can do to fix it? It's not really a big deal considering I can just turn the lights off, I just want it to do what it's supposed to. haha

·
Administrator
4,176 Posts
its your day time running light that are on during the day. because youll notice you cant turn up your dash light like you can when your headlight are on....... there is a way to disable them. ill find it if you really want to do it.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
its your day time running light that are on during the day. because youll notice you cant turn up your dash light like you can when your headlight are on....... there is a way to disable them. ill find it if you really want to do it.
You could always pull the fuse if you want. The only thing I can think is if the little dome on the dashboard is covered with something that would make the car think that it's dark out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, I further looked into my problem (when I was parked in front of the glass doors at Quizno's today.) I could see the reflection of my lights so I tested it out. Its funny that they made the DRL'slook so much like the headlights. Anyways they turn off when I turn my fogs on, so that pretty much fixes the problem for me. I'd much rather ride with my fogs on during the day than some really dim headlights. Thanks for the help Waterfowler

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2010 Pontiac G6 and live in Minnesota where it is extremely cold. I have had the same problem happen with my car time and time again. What is happening, is when the car is parked overnight my parking lights come on automatically, and the car will not start when I try. I usually have to get a boost . My main concern is why do the parking lights come on by itself? I took it in and the dealer replaced the battery, but this still has not corrected the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.