Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
‘08 g6 GXP Street Edition coupe
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get out of my car I set the heater and defrost on so the next morning I can remote start it and it will be warm and the windshield will be clear of frost/ice. Every time I get in nothing is running and the temperature gauge says AS. What do I need to do so my heater will work

·
Registered
759 Posts
From the owner's manual:-
If the vehicle has the remote start feature, the climate control display initially shows “RS” in place of the temperature to indicate the remote start has been activated. The remote start system turns on using the last temperature selected before the vehicle was last turned off. For best performance, turn the fan and mode knobs to the AUTO position. The fan speed and air delivery modes will change to achieve the best comfort. If the outside air temperature is below 45°F and the air delivery mode knob is set to AUTO, the automatic climate control system starts in the defrost mode to clear the window. The automatic climate control changes back to manual operation by turning the vehicle on with the key

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what does AS mean? I press lock and then hold the remote start until it starts and when I get in nothing is happening no matter what setting I have it on. It just displays AS. “Alarm system” “Auto start” ??? I’ve looked in the manual and YouTube and I’m not having any luck. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It looks like 'AS', but it really is 'RS', it is just bad pixelation.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
I keep getting code P0442 evap system leak detected. Is that a gas cap
P0442 EVAP leak detected (small) Can be any number of things relating to the system from a poor cap to a hole in the filler neck or tank or a EVAP tubing leak. IF the original cap, you could try getting a new one to see what happens. OR the best thing is to have the car "smoke tested" to find the leak.
NOTE. IF the CEL is on, remote start system will NOT work. And code will have to be cleared either by scanner or battery disconnect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From the owner's manual:-
I’ve done that and I’m still not getting anything to come out of the vents. Heated seats will turn on but they don’t work. I have all kinds of issues going on. When I make a shape right turn such as pulling into a parking spot I feel and hear something isn’t right in the front end. Ball joints, tie rod, wheel bearings? Steering shaft has been removed, lubed and repositioned on gear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found out the noise was both front sway bar links

1 - 10 of 10 Posts