Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
‘08 g6 GXP Street Edition coupe
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get the A/C or heater to work when I use the remote start? The vents blow absolutely nothing out no matter what settings I put it on

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My fan and area I want the vents to blow are both turn knobs and both have an auto setting. The temperature is set by a button that you push for - or +

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My fan and area I want the vents to blow are both turn knobs and both have an auto setting. The temperature is set by a button that you push for - or +
I think you were on the other thread where the RS (looks like AS) shows for remote start. if it were me, I would try seeing if I can change any settings in that mode and see if they stick. Equally I would try the same before I turn the car off. If none of those work I guess something is not right and you would need a scan tool that is able to read the HVAC control module to see what is going on and if there are any error codes.

From the owners manual, in case someone else finds this thread:-
If the vehicle has the remote start feature, the climate control display initially shows “RS” in place of the temperature to indicate the remote start has been activated. The remote start system turns on using the last temperature selected before the vehicle was last turned off. For best performance, turn the fan and mode knobs to the AUTO position. The fan speed and air delivery modes will change to achieve the best comfort. If the outside air temperature is below 45°F and the air delivery mode knob is set to AUTO, the automatic climate control system starts in the defrost mode to clear the window. The automatic climate control changes back to manual operation by turning the vehicle on with the key
I have the manual HVAC controls and the fan, vent and temps work as I left them. The auto HVAC control is probably a little different but there is a small section on it in the owners manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts