Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 2005 and my auto start is not working. when I double lock and hold the start button the lights flash but nothing else happens...:confused: what could fix that

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Is the check engine light on? Remote start gets disabled if there's a CEL. otherwise I've read of people having a problem with the hood latch sensor, which made the car think the hood was open so it wouldn't allow it to start either.
The only other thing I can think of is checking the settings in the DIC, you can turn the remote start on and off through the menu on it, but I doubt that's your problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah check engine light is off, and my info center says its active. i also read about the hood sensor but its seems like the alarm sounds when that is the problem. and also my fuse is in place.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The only other things that stop it from working (according to the manual) is the engine coolant temp being too high, or the engine oil pressure is too low, also if the hazards are on it wont function.
One thing also is it will only let you start it twice with the remote before you have to put the key and in start it once that way, but I doubt that's it.

if it's non of these things then something somewhere must be at fault, however i'm not even sure where to start diagnosing that.
Obviously the car is getting the signal, but it doesn't want to start, A dealer can probably scan it and find out why it's refusing to start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fob works because the lights come on... The message is getting there it's just not starting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts