Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 Base model.
It does NOT have monsoon(which is the cd changer correct) or XM radio.
It is simply a single disk and thats it.
What are my options to get an ipod/iphone hook up or an auxiliary input in my car?
My cd player has been crapping out and is 100% out of commission.
I need something that has good sound. I will be installing this myself.
What are my options? I would rather the actual iPod cord hook up(to be able to use my controls on the factory radio) but chances are, it will be too expensive for me. So just a normal auxiliary input will work. But, I need CLEAR sound.

PS. I noticed that in the sticky above. everyone seems to have the monsoon, which I don't

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You could get different G6 stereo with an AUX built in. Or go the route of crappy FM transmitters. I remember seeing an iPod dock kit that uses the XM2 Band and adds iPod functionality to the stereo. But maybe your best bet is a better stereo. But then you have the dic to worry about.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my only option??
If I purchase the different g6 stereo with aux input, will it install in my car correctly by simply plugging in the wires?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
It'll plug in. But you'll need to go to a dealership and get that stereo programmed for your vin to work. There are add on kits but I can't recall if theres a hard wire system that doesn't use FM transmitters

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'll plug in. But you'll need to go to a dealership and get that stereo programmed for your vin to work. There are add on kits but I can't recall if theres a hard wire system that doesn't use FM transmitters
Ok cool. Where do I find the factory stereos?
Are there different versions that I should look out for?
What will NOT work without taking it to the dealership(ie can I use the radio or aux input without dealership)?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Also, my radio has no monsoon, no xm, and only a single cd and I have a 2007 g6.
Am I supposed to replace it with a 2008 cd player with aux that only has 1 cd, no xm, and no cd changer?
or will a 2008 cd player with aux work if it IS monsoon, or has a cd changer and or XM?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts