Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has an 06 g6 with the 3.5 automatic. The issue we are having is the passenger side front axle is backing out of the transmission. I have changed several axles in the past on different vehicles for friends/family. I have never had an issue like this before. I seems as though when the axle is put in, it seats fine into the transmission. However after driving a few miles (usually less than 10 or so) the axle seems back its way out again. I purchased a new axle but still have the same issue.

·
Registered
606 Posts
A lock ring holds it in place, is the ring missing? On install you pull out on the axle to make sure it's locked in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ring is still there, and pulled on the axle. Any other ideas? Cant believe that it would be the transmission. Maybe I am not getting it seated correctly. Just because i am pulling back on it, doesn't necessarily mean I am pulling hard enough

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New axle, new stub axle, new ring,.............

Is there perhaps a way to ensure the axle is seated properly? Is it possible that I am not getting it all the way into the transmission? How can I ensure I am getting it all the way in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts