Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told my car has a 100k drivetrain warranty, would axle seals be a part of that warranty? If so, do I just call the dealer and say I need a warranty repair? Are they going to be reluctant to get me in soon? I am at 98,980 miles so I am cutting it extremely close.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not 100% sure if they'd be covered, but I'd give either your dealership or GM (or GM Canada, depending where you are) a call. I'd call both since one might say no and the other yes. However, I'm sure the dealership would love to do work on your car since they don't care who pays them as long as they get some money out of it. :)

If it's a warranty part, they have to honour it as long as you're under mileage. If it's covered by warranty and you're worried about going over before they can get you in, I'd go in and have them document that you're under. I had a friend do the same thing with a Ford dealership and they just took a picture of the mileage and documented it in their system, so that the warranty was good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the axle seals being bad cause a rough shift? I know they're attached to the tranny somehow. Could I do these myself I go over 100k miles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts