Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Im starting my own progression page... I have a 2008 G6 2.4L sedan, I bought it in 2010 with 40,000 miles. So far its been 2 years and I have already done some mods and these pics Im posting I have already posted in another thread but im going to break them down now lol

So lets start with the completely stock car:

Good old days lol I almost forgot I had those pics lol

The first thing I did was change the tint. It was originally 50% all the way around and then I had it redone to 35% front 5% rear.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The next thing I did was ditch those ugly hubcaps and I found myself with faded steel rims. So I pulled them off and repainted them gloss black. Heres a pic but its a little dirty...

Next I added the lens tint for my taillights... came out a little dark. The pic is my right taillight masked off before wetsanding and redoing the tint

Once that was completed and I could save up some money I swapped out my chrome headlight housings for the black housings. (Had Spyder Halo's but HATED the way they looked) When I ordered the housings I also ordered my lo and hi HID's from DDM Tuning

I started to think about what to do next to the exterior and I took a look at my car and noticed all the chrome trim stood out and I was not happy about it lol So I painted the upper grills, surroundings and the side trim black (Obviously I need to repaint the surroundings lol

The last thing I did was mess with the interior. I started with adding some subs and an amp. I used the stock head unit so the easiest option for install was tapping into a signal wire to the rear speakers. Then I added the wiring to the amp, battery, and had a friend who is a professional audio installer hook up everything for the head unit. The amp is located under the drivers seat lol

After adding that I painted the interior trim pieces. Im not thrilled with the color, kind of bright so I might be painting them a navy blue in the near future!

While I was originally painting the interior pieces I had the bright Idea of painting my engine plastics

And the most recent update was the 5% all the way around (except windshield) tint

And now your caught up!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You should also paint the hubs on your car, like the axle nut. This way the rust color won't stand out. I'd also recommend replacing your lug nuts with closed end nuts if you plan to keep running your wheels that way. Keeps all the moisture from getting in the nuts and rusting it all together, becomes a pain to get off.

I'm sure you've seen my wheels in my progression, if not I'll post more!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cruisin- I just have to wait til income tax return comes in lol

waterfowler- thank you! It wasn't bad at all I just bought whole new housings because my stock ones were already getting hazy and one was cracking. I got them from this company called Option Racing for $150

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Good thing you didn't try to crack open the stocks and paint them. I tried, apparently after 2007 they changed the glue that they use to seal the lenses... Long story short I was beginning to melt the plastic of the headlight itself (lens and backing) before the glue even got soft.... in fact I couldn't even get through the glue. Started damaging the light, at that point I decided to just tint the entire headlight using vinyl. haha

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good thing you didn't try to crack open the stocks and paint them. I tried, apparently after 2007 they changed the glue that they use to seal the lenses... Long story short I was beginning to melt the plastic of the headlight itself (lens and backing) before the glue even got soft.... in fact I couldn't even get through the glue. Started damaging the light, at that point I decided to just tint the entire headlight using vinyl. haha
Haha awesome! The day I ordered them I looked at the originals and said screw it. I was lazy that day lol
:cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So.... painting my grilles are off for today. Completely spaced on what I had planned lol Im getting work done on my tattoo and then tonight Im going to be at Relay For Life raising money for cancer research. Ill probably get them prepped before I go tonight that way all I have to do is paint them tomorrrow!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts