Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 3.5 V6 with stock steering wheel. When I turn the right blinker on and do a normal turn. The blinker turns off when the wheel straightens up like normal. But when I turn on the left blinker, I have to do a very major turn before the the blinker decides to turn off by it self. I am having to turn off the left blinker manually pretty much every time as with the right I never have to worry about.

Is there a way to fix that? Is that normal? Any clues on what the cause maybe?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The turn signal switches tend to go out on these cars... mine's been replaced twice. It's like $25 from amazon and is fairly easy to replace, for someone who hasn't done it before you can probably get it done within a half hour pretty easily.

I'm pretty sure what caused mine to break was holding the lever through a turn as the steering wheel came back, such as for a double turn, if you hold it when it wants to cancel it'll skip over the cam and I guess it's easy to crack since everything is plastic.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 3.5 V6 with stock steering wheel. When I turn the right blinker on and do a normal turn. The blinker turns off when the wheel straightens up like normal. But when I turn on the left blinker, I have to do a very major turn before the the blinker decides to turn off by it self. I am having to turn off the left blinker manually pretty much every time as with the right I never have to worry about.

Is there a way to fix that? Is that normal? Any clues on what the cause maybe?
negru08,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your turn signal. If I can assist you, please let me know.

Safe travels my friend.

Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care Service

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lampoon. I am pretty mechanically inclined. Cam part? I know when I turn right I hear the click that when I straightened my wheel turns off the signal. But when I turn left it I have to turn the wheel really far before I hear that click that will turn it off when straightened.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Im thinking the canceling cam is part of your clock spring. Your clock spring mechanism is under your steering wheel. If so it would be an easy fi. Ill ask a buddy of mine....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whole reason I ask is I dont wanna just buy something that wont really fix the issue you know?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
That's understandable. It fixed my problem and some other peoples problem. But I don't know for sure if it'll fix your issue, I'm not familiar with how the clock spring and cam is setup in this car, my switch was replaced both times under warranty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I got the part in the mail. Cant seem to find any forum on how to change it ...unless I just am doing it wrong. Has anyone done a "How To" on it?

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Turn signal switch is also pretty cheap from local auto parts joint. Easy to install. Just make sure to disconnect the battery for about ten minutes to make sure the air bag doesn't discharge.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
No. Unless you have a cap for your amp. If so, then discharge it with a lightbulb or continuity tester first before unplugging the battery.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts