Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new Pontiac G6...2006...we noticed a place where the right side quater panel and the rear bumper meet....like a bubble but really a pain peel...we took it back to the dealer who repainted part of it and it looks like terrible.. ok howver the kicker......9 of 12 cars on their lot have the same problem.......anyone else???....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
marine2B said:
We have a new Pontiac G6...2006...we noticed a place where the right side quater panel and the rear bumper meet....like a bubble but really a pain peel...we took it back to the dealer who repainted part of it and it looks like terrible.. ok howver the kicker......9 of 12 cars on their lot have the same problem.......anyone else???....

My 99 GA had paint to peel from the bumper. It bubbled first, I left it alone and eventually came off. Pontiac dealership had the Nissan dealership to re-paint it.

My G6 has a thinning spot in the paint where the windshield meets the roof, on the edge in front if the On-Star antenna. It looks like the black was left off of this spot, but the clear coat is on it. Haven't had it checked out yet, waiting till the oil change to point out my problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
GTPGuy82 said:
That seems to be a problem area for this car. I've heard of this happening where the front bumper meets the fender too.

Mike
Really..ok.. well.. I thought it interesting when I asked the CFO of my dealer to come look at another car I had seen...then when we looked 9 out of 12 on his lot...GTP,GT, Sedan and Coupe all had the same problem...idiots.. on the front as well??.Will have to take a look at that....thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Robyn P said:
My 99 GA had paint to peel from the bumper. It bubbled first, I left it alone and eventually came off. Pontiac dealership had the Nissan dealership to re-paint it.

My G6 has a thinning spot in the paint where the windshield meets the roof, on the edge in front if the On-Star antenna. It looks like the black was left off of this spot, but the clear coat is on it. Haven't had it checked out yet, waiting till the oil change to point out my problems.
did you have this looked at yet? or are you saying it peeled and then they fixed it?...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Explr1 said:
Can you post a pic?
I dont have a picture of it but given my dealer..you should be bale to spot it easily at your local dealer as well 9 or 12 had the problem on my dealers lot....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
marine2B said:
did you have this looked at yet? or are you saying it peeled and then they fixed it?...

I have not had the G6 looked at yet. The only reason I noticed it was because I was standing on my deck one night and the motion light had come on and it looked like fuzz stuck on the car, so I went over and reached to get it off and realized it was a spot in the paint. In the daylight it looks like left over wax, but it is very smooth and will not come off, so I know it's under the clear coat. The Grand Am's bumper bubbled and peeled and I got it fixed.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top