Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2008 PONTIAC GXP and I am looking into getting a back up camera for it, i know you can buy one that has an external another window like a GPS system but I was wondering does anyone know if they sell one that you can put in your dash to replace the current radio system, I am having a hard time find where to go that 1 sells them and 2 that can do it, and STILL try and maintain all the current features that my radio/cd player has right now. like for example my radio right now has the onboard computer that show the tire pressure for al tires, gas milage, how far driven.etc where do I go to get one. Does anyone know that will fit into my model.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have done the Pioneer AVIC-X950BH on a different vehicle which has the navigation. I have the AVH-P3200DVD in the G6 right now, it has the backup cam and no navigation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, no my next issue that I am running into is my radio now has the onboard computer telling my gas mileage, tire pressure.etc do you or anyone know if this system is capable of doing that

·
Registered
90 Posts
The metra kit you need for double din is Metra 95-3303B. I think the cheapest place to buy it is on amazon. You can also order it from Best Buy for store pickup or from Sonic Electronix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
metra kit Metra 95-3303B Double DIN Dash Kit for Chevrolet and Pontiac (Black)

So dumb question I assume the Metra hit also not only comes with the housing but the informational center I need to keep my important information like the gas mileage and all that good stuff. and can that specific piece be put anywhere

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was planning on replacing the front door speakers in my 06 G6 GT with the monsoons system and i was wondering if they were 2 ohm or 4 ohm i heard they were 4 ohm but wired in parallel with the tweeters giving the amp a 2 ohm load? sorry not meaning to steal ur thread

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine has the Monsoon system and I am thinking about installing a Nav but was wondering where the best place to place the DIC module ? Anybody have some pic's besides the center concole ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
L1ght, it looks like you are only using part of the display adapter when installing it in your console from looking at the unit's factory pictures on amazon and best buy. I have the 08 hardtop convertible and where I would like to install it is up top in front of my hardtop operation button so that it can be seen by both driver and passenger. Any idea based on your experience with the unit if I'd have any luck doing so. I'm not crazy about hiding it in the console and I'd really like to go double-din rather than settle for single din with the plain old 95-3303.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Backup cam and Nav

I agree with you. I am going to check out that spot. Not to sure there's enough room for it to go there. But I do like the idea. Mine's Convertable as well. If I think of a better place I'll post. Thanks Jeff ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have bought a Kenwood DNX572BH double-din NAV/DVD, the SiriusXM adapter, backup camera, and the Metra kit. Have to wait for the Metra kit to come in to Best Buy and having it all installed there. Tech there can only install in glove box, but I am going to find someone who can move it elsewhere once I've had a chance to see it and know the size and whatnot. I'll upload pics once it's all done (the BB part is scheduled for 5/13), not sure when I'll get the move done on the display

·
Registered
3 Posts
He specifically about the spot I wanted that they would need to probably add a custom made bracket to do so, something they don't do. I never really got an answer why I couldn't get it in the console like you have it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Best Buy installers

I bet if you go to a independent car stereo installer shop they will put the DIC anyplace you want aslong as it will fit. When I do mine I going to try to put it up above in the section between the top of the windshield and just below the top of windshield frame right in the center. Mine is convertible. I really don't want to cut a hole in the dash, but that also could be done. I am going to do the install myself. I found the Metra kit for $195.00 online part # 95-3303B. Also you'll need pac switch so your steering wheel controls will still work. Pioneer Nav/Dvd with iPhone/iPod W/Blu-Tooth control and of course backup cam. I have nothing against Best Buy but they are just not going to a custom install because of liability issues. I think the glove box or console is useless. Just can't look at it when your driving. :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nav and backup cam

The more and more I think about it I'am going to cut a hole in my dash just to the right of center A/C vents for the DIC center. I think it's the best place. Anybody have any thoughts ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The only other thing that would work is 1 Din or Single Din Jensen
VX 7012 Nav / DVD w/backup cam
7 " flip up touch screen and the DIC info center in the pocket just below the Nav. I think I'am going this route because there's really no good place to put the DIC info center. That makes sense

1 - 20 of 20 Posts