Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 standard model and I was having some repairs done to it I live in Alaska so at the time the temperature was about -7 however I had let my car warm up for about an hour prior to bringing it into the shop and on the back window it has a huge temper heat gas in it so I had that going as well for about 15 minutes on the drive to the shop once in the shop we got the car up on the rack and it had been sitting in there and it is a heated shop but it was still fairly cold probably about 52° and he had it up and it had been there for about 30 minutes and we heard a loud pop noise sounded more like a tire exploding but when we looked at the vehicle my entire back window had completely shattered from corner to corner . Now prior to this happening it hadn’t been hit with anything there were no cracks in it it was just a freak accident and I’ve lived in Alaska my whole life and had a lot of vehicles come in and out of the cold and too warm buildings and never in my life have I seen this happen and I’m just wondering if it was possible because where it actually busted open it because it looks like it was shot with a BB gun almost is where the heat in the glass case is I have a little lines there that had the little heater in them so I’m wondering if that somehow man malfunctioned and caused it to break like that has anybody ever had this happen?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts