Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
redlines4us
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like I'm not gonna get my Hammerhead Spoiler from carid.com.
They waited until 7 days after I ordered it (over the phone) and paid for it to tell me it's on backorder for at least a month and a half.
I cancelled my order and won't be a returning customer. If it's on backorder, tell the customer upfront. They even called their (Source) before I placed my order to confirm the paint color match. You would think they would have known then about the backorder. I don't do business in that manner.
(Just wasted a week of my time for nothing) - Thanks!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
It doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Yeah, backorders suck, but its not like you lost money and it was only a week. In truth, a month and a half is not that long of a wait for a car part. I had to wait 4 months for my tuned PCM and a month for my AIT front bumper.

·
redlines4us
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a big deal especially when it took me 60 seconds to pay for it over the phone and it's gonna take 24-72 hours to get a refund so I can order one elsewhere. If I had to wait 4 months for a car part in these competitive internet days, I'd do without.
I'm not shopping around for the best deal, just to save a couple of bucks. I just want my part in a reasonable amount of time. If I'm told it's on backorder upfront, I will not deal with that vendor.
When a part is on backorder, they have no idea of when the part will be available. The time frame they give you is just a date they hope they can get one by.
I usually ask about availability, but since they called their source before I ordered, I took it for granted they had one in stock,
WRONG!

·
redlines4us
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think the Hammerhead spoilers are awesome. They make the car stand out from the crowd. I already ordered an original GM Hammerhead spoiler from ebay in silver. I contacted the seller first to make sure it was ready to be shipped immediately (Not On Backorder). lol
I already have plans to have it professionally painted over the weekend and I'll be installing it myself next week. That's the kind of fast service I pay for and expect.
Bill

P.S. Still haven't received my refund from carid.com
I borrowed money from my savings account to buy the one from ebay. Geesh!

·
redlines4us
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it were up to me alone, tint would already be done, but my wife is not fond of tint. I'll keep working on her. lol
Spoiler is at my local paint shop and should be ready by Monday.

P.S. Still haven't received my refund from carid.com

·
Registered
44 Posts
what one did you buy on ebay, do you have the link,

I bought one the other day and need to get it painted and installed,

I'd post it when done

·
redlines4us
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought an original GM Hammerhead Spoiler off ebay and had it painted locally. Here are some pictures of the spoiler, vent visors, sunroof visor and ROX 17" Chrome wheels installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts