Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So besides from bring charged $105 to change the overflow hose I have a bad battery. Any suggestions on a new one? I got subs so I was thinking about getting a better battery than I need for if I ever upgrade and end up needing the extra juice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
First off, where in the hell did you go to get an overflow hose at that price? Secondly, if you need to know your battery condition, just go to your local auto parts and they can run a test. If you need a battery, get down and dirty ., do it yourself. Save $$

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealership...i went in with a coolant leak. I looked myself and assumed the hose was leaking. They decided to change the clamps instead. With it still leaking they finally decided to throw on the hoses. Said I'd only be charged for labor. Which was $105 an hour.

I have a $250 warranty and they told me the hoses weren't covered. I'll look over the paperwork to really get down to the point. But they quoted me $142.86 in a voicemail. Told me they would call the next morning by noon, didn't even call until 5:30. Plus the auto zone/auto parts places would install batteries for free? And someone that checked my battery at auto zone suggested to super glue a penny to the top cover of the battery to help avoid battery corrosion. Anyone else heard or can confirm this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The glue a penny 1/8 of an inch from each battery terminal is an old trick. It takes corrosion longer to build up because of the copper. I just use baking soda ,an old tooth brush, and a little water to clean the top of the battery. Also for the terminals and posts use a battery cleaning tool.(You can get one at any parts store). I do this every other oil change, some people do it every oil change. I also dab a little vasoline on the top of each battery post after cleaning. Overall it's a simple task and it helps in keeping corrosion in check.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Battery posts maintenance

Hi,

2008, 3.5 L with original AC Delco battery
I tried that: after cleaning well the connector and post (the positive one.The negative is always clean), i spread on 2-3 good layers of clear coat. This is a month ago. Will wait another 3 months and will then check the condition

Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I am also looking to purchase a new more powerful battery for my 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe 3.5 Liter, V6 Engine. It is heavily optioned with heated seats, etc. I would like one with the most CCA as possible that would fit my car without modification.

Your suggestions and or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts