Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked under my car today and found this. I think it is a flex pipe, or well once a flex pipe. Where could I find a replacement part?

IMG_20190323_124307.jpg

IMG_20190323_124309.jpg

IMG_20190323_124326.jpg

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
I might also help to know I have an 08 Pontiac G6 V6.
There were several V6's that year.

3.5 L LZ4 V6 (gasoline)
3.6 L LY7 V6 (gasoline)
3.9 L LZ9 V6 (gasoline)

If you can specify which one, that might help.

Looking at the pics, I'm unable to determine exactly where this is (and my G6 is long gone, so I can't look at it :) ) Assuming you have the 3.5 LZ4, you can see an exhaust system drawing for it here: https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-parts/2008/pontiac/g6/base-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/exhaust-system-cat/exhaust-components-scat

You can get part numbers there for exhaust sections and then look around for them since they are probably no longer in stock at gmpartsdirect.com due to the age of the car.

Looking at the pics, the flex section itself appears to be intact with some separation where it joins the pipe. You might take it to an exhaust shop and ask them to patch it back together. Not sure what they can do about the woven shield around it, so be sure and ask how they will deal with that to be sure you'll be satisfied with it.

HTH.

Doug

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I remember correctly my 07 has two flex's. One started leaking and I had my local shop replace both since they were 11 yrs old at the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts