Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on my overlays yesterday, they turned out really nice. The color is gray carbon fiber and i got them here. Link

Trunk

Steering Wheel

Front

This is in the door, i had the black G6 now they are chrome.

Thats it for now, next up, paint the calipers red.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i love that site, ordered my overlays for the darts on the front and back, getting the chrome to match my exterior, leaving the one on my steering red cuz i have a red theme on the inside of my car. dont get the door handle covers from them, they are just stickers that go over the handle and dont look good up close. had to get real chrome handles! they actually look good on the color G6 i have.

But all in all, its a good website!

Edit: one more thing, they are a company in Canada so it takes a few days for shipping, but its quality product!

www.gwdecals.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks great! For the dart overlays it has dynamic gray carbon fiber and it has gray carbon fiber. What the heck is the difference?? And it has a border color. Did you do the same gray carbon fiber for the border? Or something different? Also did you get the center star cutout or not?

Thanks for the info. I just don't want to order the wrong thing and I'm afraid to e-mail the website and get some BS answer.

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the ones i got were regular, the dynamic ones just look to busy and mixed for my likings

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah for the carbon fiber hood the dynamic would look better i think.

btw, not bad for cell phone pics ehh?:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great! Thanks for the response. I have got the same color car and I'm going to go with the gray carbon fiber overlays for the front and inside of my G6. I guess the GXP's don't have a dart in the back? Mine doesn't anyways. I also am going to get the GXP third brakelight overlay. Great site!

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Great! Thanks for the response. I have got the same color car and I'm going to go with the gray carbon fiber overlays for the front and inside of my G6. I guess the GXP's don't have a dart in the back? Mine doesn't anyways. I also am going to get the GXP third brakelight overlay. Great site!
IT SHOULD!? Is yours used?

·
Registered
92 Posts
That 3rd brake light overlay is very nice, i have one from them and it has "G6 GT" cut out since i debadged you see it there, its very nice and looks awsome!

And like Mark said, it shoud have a dart! Maybe a previous owner took it off if its used?

·
Registered
18 Posts
IT SHOULD!? Is yours used?
Yes it was used...bought it off of a dealer in PA. I found out later on that the car had some work done on the rear right quarter panel and I'm having paint issues with it now but thats a whole other story. Probably what happened is it got repainted and the dart never got placed back on the car.

And good to hear the third brakelight overlay is nice. I kinda went out on a limb when I bought it since they dont have any pics of it online.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That 3rd brake light overlay is very nice, i have one from them and it has "G6 GT" cut out since i debadged you see it there, its very nice and looks awsome!

And like Mark said, it shoud have a dart! Maybe a previous owner took it off if its used?
When you installed the overlay did you sand down the lens? Or did you just take it off the car, clean it and stick on the overlay? Got mine today and it was folded in half :( ....it said to lay it out with a book on it so I'm gonna let it sit for a few days under my ratchet set and hopefully it smooths it out.

sfdevine7, did you apply any heat when you put on your dart, or G6 Inlays? It's mostly near 90 here so I think its warm enough. Did you use a 'mist' of water?...I don't see how that would help it adhere to the surface.

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i just put it right on, the mist is to dull the adhesive a bit so you can move it around a bit, then if you do that you need to use heat to reactivate the adhesive. i did neither, just put it right on

·
Registered
18 Posts
excellent. Got mine on and looks great.

I saw someone on here that had overlays on the dart of what looked just like my 2008 GXP Rims. Any idea where? Is it one of the options on that grafxwerks site that they dont have pictures of cause I couldn't find them anywhere?

EDIT:
Here is the link:
http://www.g6decals.com/shop_detail.php?pid=G6GT1-1163

1 - 20 of 23 Posts