Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i spent about an hour removing the badges from my gxp..in the 110 degree Oklahoma heat :( on the bright side i didn't need a heat gun hardly haha. I removed everything except the GXP badges and even tho i removed all the adhesive and cleaned it thoroughly there will seems to be an outline(hard to see) of the badges?? Any suggestions

Attachments

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Looks nice n clean!

Did ya take off the side gm? if not get on it! Lucky it was so hot haha!

As for the lightly visible letters still, it will fade and go away within a month.

Call it what you will, paint fade, bits of adhesive still in the paint or w.e

Ive had 2 g'6s now and badged both, both had the same thing for a few weeks then its gone.

Id have to say its a bit of fading AND some parts of adhesive still in the paint because when I washed my car after this you could see the water sort of running over that area a bit diff.

Anyway, dont stress it, dont work on it and mess up your paint. leave it...it will be gone soon enough!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the GM was the very first badge that I removed! I was sort of lucky that it was so hot, on the downside I was pouring out sweat haha.

The badge that left the most outline was the Pontiac symbol on the back it is the most visible from a foot distance, the other ones require about 6 inches to see it. The GM badge left a little arrow in the middle of the outline looks pretty silly lol.

But yeah i am very happy with the look now, it looks real clean now.. i just need to get some different taillights.. I havent decided if i want to tint out the covers to black..any suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts