Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so im going to be doing a little project with a tailight.. dont want to spoil to much... but i need to break the sealant on the them... so best way is to bake them right?
does anyone have a recommendation on what temp and time that would be good to be able to pull apart,?
also, what is a good brand sealant to use once im finished

·
Registered
638 Posts
no need to bake the tail light, there is no sealant the pieces of plastic are sonicly welded but came apart easily on the sedan tail light i took apart, and to seal them back up id just use some 2part plastig epoxy but beware ones u seal them with that you wont ever get them apart again without breaking them

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how difficult is it to take apart then? i took a look at my tail light and i could have sworn that there wa sealant around it... and im jjust a little confused on how you take it apart.. just rip like peel it?

·
Registered
638 Posts
i just went around it with a small flathead screw driver and carefully pried it apart....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well according to the tracking # it should be here around tuesday, so im looking at doing this thursday?
is it supposed to look like there sealant? i could take a picture of my tailight now... but is there a certain spot i should start prying it off at?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts