Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 08 G6 Gt coupe and today I notice my engine seem hotter than it normally is. I don't think I have a coolant leak because I checked the tubes, floor, and gaskets and everything seemed fine. But just incase I have a tiny leak that I can't see I went and bought a bottle of Bar's Leaks Cooling System Repair.

Now I know this product actually works because before my G6 I had an 03 Acura Cl and it had a small cooling leak which caused the engine to overheat and once I pour this stuff in the raditor the leak got sealed and the engine stopped overheating.

The problem is, I don't know where to pour this stuff at. In my old Acura it had a raditor cap hole that you can just pour stuff in but I don't think this car has one. I know this car has a coolant reservoir but I don't think this goes in there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The coolant 'reservoir' is pressurized and part of the cooling system in the G6, that's why there is no radiator cap on the radiator, it's on the reservoir instead. In theory you could pour it directly in there, but I'm sure if you read the instructions it suggests on cars that have pressurized reservoirs to remove the upper radiator hose and pour the contents in directly (obviously on a cold engine).

Personally if I had a suspected leak I'd find it and replace/fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts