Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I Recently bought a used G6 and i was thinking about buying a set of aftermarket tail lights from ebay but im not sure if my G6 is a base or GT model I know its a 3.5 v6 4 door with 16' wheels !! any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

·
Legend
782 Posts
The taillights are the same regardless of model. The only difference in taillights is between the coupe and sedan. Idk if you can find taillights on eBay or not but I've only ever been able to find them for the sedan on Amazon.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks !! i'd still like to know how to tell if its a base or GT if anybody knows how i can tell

·
Legend
782 Posts
If its a gt it should say gt on the trunk.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
Hi guys I Recently bought a used G6 and i was thinking about buying a set of aftermarket tail lights from ebay but im not sure if my G6 is a base or GT model I know its a 3.5 v6 4 door with 16' wheels !! any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
from this description i think it would be safe to say that you have the 5 spoke alloy wheels and a spoiler. and on the back it says v6 where it would say gt, gtp, or gxp?? if this is true you have the base (or SE) model with the "Sports package". this package comes with alloy wheels instead of hubcaps, a spoiler, and a v6 to spruce up the car a bit and give it some uhmph. if you have a sunroof, then you are also equiped with the sun and sound package which comes with a sweet audio system as well. hope this helps. :)

oh and if it was a gt, you wold have things like 6 disc CD changer, Heated cloth/leather, chrome wheels..... ect. the sign of a gtp is daul exaust, and overhead camshaft in the engine, a 3.9 liter engine and leather. i know youd know a gxp if you saw one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts